"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #19991
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I had already Googled Arthur. A friend on FB wrote to her sister in New Brunswick that she was hoping it wouldn't be too eventful. Yup, New Brunswick, Canada is/was in the predicted path.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #19992
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I hope it didn't hit you too hard. How are you doing with the storm?
As a friend of mine said, it wasn't as bad as a typical nor'easter. There was some minor flooding in the usual places and a couple thousand power outages closer to the beach, but just heavy rain and some wind here. The Outer Banks of North Carolina got it much worse - a lot of sand where it shouldn't be - but I don't think any roads are closed.

It cleared out late this morning and we have a beautiful day with 78F and low humidity.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #19993
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I hope it didn't hit you too hard. How are you doing with the storm?
It is raining right now. There is thunder in the distant. A bit further away than last night. But I am sure it is coming my way. I don't mind storms. It is the wind that bothers me. I have seen first hand the damage it can do. If it can bring down a bridge that is all cement, it can bring down anything. When I lived in Tacoma we had a wind storm. No rain or thunder. Just winds that were more than 75 m.p.h. The huge blue spruce in back of my house got blown down. Fortunately it went in the opposite direction away from my house. I was looking out the window when it happened. I can still hear and feel the sound of it falling.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #19994
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

got a gallon of vanilla bean ice cream going in the kitchen. It's going to go with peach cobbler tomorrow. Having friends over for a cookout.

I'm still slightly amazed that ice and salt cause ice cream to freeze

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #19995
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Addie?
Did I miss something here? I haven't seen anything as you've described.
The forum seems to me to be running it's usual pace.Maybe another cup of coffee is needed here.Houdini woke me up too early.

Munky.
My question to Addie, is why bring something up that most folks don't notice? I'm clueless and happy too.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #19996
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
I had already Googled Arthur. A friend on FB wrote to her sister in New Brunswick that she was hoping it wouldn't be too eventful. Yup, New Brunswick, Canada is/was in the predicted path.
Where I live, at one point we were only 150 miles away from it, but it was like "oh look it's a bit windy outside and raining" that's it, we lucked out. East of us got a bit ruffled though.

Oh and it must have made my power blink, I had to reset clocks oh the humaity!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #19997
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Where I live, at one point we were only 150 miles away from it, but it was like "oh look it's a bit windy outside and raining" that's it, we lucked out. East of us got a bit ruffled though.

Oh and it must have made my power blink, I had to reset clocks oh the humaity!
Glad to hear it.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #19998
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
My question to Addie, is why bring something up that most folks don't notice? I'm clueless and happy too.
A short nasty remark was made to someone and there was no need for it. It was a short direct remark. Easy to miss. I can understand remarks that are made with a wink emoticon. But this remark was not that. I could have reported it. But I think the message got across without any further problem.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #19999
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
A short nasty remark was made to someone and there was no need for it. It was a short direct remark. Easy to miss. I can understand remarks that are made with a wink emoticon. But this remark was not that. I could have reported it. But I think the message got across without any further problem.
Good point, and I'm glad most of us did.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:26 AM   #20000
Certified Cake Maniac

I coughed to clear my throat - had to do it a few times hard. It triggered my rib pain again and drove it up to a solid 10 on the pain scale. Even I have difficulty managing that level for very long. I tried all my emergency pain meds and management tools but it isn't settling down at all.

I am going to go lay in my recliner with my relaxation tapes and see if that helps me go to sleep. I am sure Monkey will crawl up on my lap and keep me company.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote