"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #2001
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Well Addie, I learned a new word today!

Mama said that Internet would be my undoing!
With being married and having a plethora of kids, I didn't have time to get into trouble. But every one tells me I have great kids. So I must have been busy doing something right.

I have never had an alcoholic drink. I didn't want my children to ever see me drunk. And as a teenager, we didn't drink in those days. We were law abiding. By the time the last ones left home, I lost any interest I ever might have had. I have outlived two husbands and never had any interest in training another one. Too much work.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #2002
Head Chef

I love this thread. Nearly every post in "what are you doing" brings a different activity and takes us off in a new direction. Happy digression with no guilt or scolding for being off-topic. I also love its cousin, "stray thoughts," a marvelous mix of ideas and opinions. A great way to keep the ol' brain awake.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #2003
Executive Chef

you said it!, tin! i for one love nothing more than straying off topic to follow a thought or trail. and what are you doing and stray thoughts are both topic free-as-the-breeeze--i love it! :)
Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #2004
Chef Extraordinaire

Getting ready to go to work to put out a small catering for 50 people. Then off to visit my aunt in the hospital for an infected knee replacement, hope to get home by 3:00 to get some catering quotes done for a wedding & a bridal shower.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #2005
Everymom

I'm still visiting my sister and niece in Calgary. Its been a great visit so far. I'm missing my husband and kids but we're having a lovely time.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #2006
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I'm still visiting my sister and niece in Calgary. Its been a great visit so far. I'm missing my husband and kids but we're having a lovely time.
I would have loved to visit anyone in Calgary when I had kids and never would have missed them. I went away once for a weekend for a wedding and never thought of them at all. Their father was quite capable of taking care of them. I thought I was in heaven.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #2007
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Trying to wake up...a bit late for me, but the furry one picked on Shrek this morning instead of me.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #2008
Senior Cook

Chilling after a day in the kitchen and catching up on DC but also thinking that Monday morning is fast approaching:( 21.47 Sunday here!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #2009
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
you said it!, tin! i for one love nothing more than straying off topic to follow a thought or trail. and what are you doing and stray thoughts are both topic free-as-the-breeeze--i love it! :)
It's a topic about nothing...
Old 02-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #2010
Executive Chef

Currently ignoring the cats pestering for attention to be a brat. He woke me by wacking me in the face with his paws and I figure if he can snub me when he's annoyed with me I can do the same to him. I'll cave and pay attention to him in a moment.