"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-07-2014, 11:40 PM   #20101
Master Chef

I'm exhausted. Daughter and grandson came for dinner tonight, and little man was so hyper. Mondays are his full day at preschool and we think he was just so over tired. He wore his mom and I out. Fixing to clean up the taco salad leftovers and settle my own self down.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #20102
Head Chef

Listening to my brother-in-law's blues show on NWCZ Radio in Seattle, WA, and drinking a smidge of Glacier Distilling's Bad Rock rye whiskey.

Mighty Mouth Blues - NWCZ Radio | NWCZ Radio

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:59 PM   #20103
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Googling to see if I can figure out why my laptop no longer recognizes my phone when I plug it in with the USB cable.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:41 AM   #20104
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmmytunes View Post
Addie, I hope you and everyone in the Boston area is OK. We here in EC had 3 small tornadoes go through the Friday night after Easter, but our house didn't get any damage, just lots of pine cones in the yard from neighbors trees. Also had tornado warnings go off Friday night during Awful Arthur's trip through our neck of the woods, but no damage here.
The TV warning is done whereby they take control of your TV. You can't change the channel and ignore the flashing warning and the beeps. Then in the middle of that they also took control of my computer. I was in the middle of typing and because I live within walking distance of the airport and they were having micro cloud burst, they started flashing warnings that East Boston was under tornado watch. Not Boston, but East Boston specifically. Let me tell you, that got my attention. On went my shoes, a dress and I made sure I had anything else I could think of. That is the first time I have ever been that nervous and concerned regarding the weather. And I have been through every weather condition you can name.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #20105
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
CWS and I will soon be heading to the monthly Danish Club luncheon.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #20106
Executive Chef

My dog is house broken. He goes to the sliding glass door when he needs to go out. Does not bark....just stands there expecting you to know that he's there needing to go out. He also goes to the sliding glass door when he wants to look out at the critters on the hill. He will bark at them, but not to let us know he needs to go out. If I say "want to go outside?" he will start dancing, then I know. It would be nice if he would bark when we want him to instead of just when he sees a critter or someone comes to the door.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #20107
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I miss riding my bike. I think it is the happiest memory I have of my childhood. Physical Therapy nixed the idea. Balance problem.

I never learned to ride a bike, so it's a good thing I don't depend on that memory for happiness! LOL Years back DH and I got a bicycle built for two and went riding on it. Problem is he made me do all the pedaling. Not a good memory.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #20108
Head Chef

Lightbulb

My favourite creative outlet is adapting something I find, e.g. from a skip etc. Recently I found a broken umbrella that had really nice butterflies on the design. I took it home and cut out the butterflies. They are now strategically pasted around my living room!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #20109
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
CWS and I will soon be heading to the monthly Danish Club luncheon.
I hope you will enjoy it and tell us all the good things you had for lunch today.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #20110
Chef Extraordinaire

I just took two Vicodin. My body seems to be at odds with me today. I haven't accomplished one thing of any value today. Oh, I did make a cup of coffee. It is a good thing I can touch type, otherwise I would have to open my eyes. That would take more effort than I have.

Sit, stand, walk, stand still, lie down, get back up and do it all over again. It doesn't matter, I can't get comfortable. I really want to sleep. But if I do, I will be up all night and I am trying to get on a normal schedule. I have to get up and go to Winthrop tomorrow.

« Petty Vents | - »