"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #20111
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I just took two Vicodin. My body seems to be at odds with me today. I haven't accomplished one thing of any value today. Oh, I did make a cup of coffee. It is a good thing I can touch type, otherwise I would have to open my eyes. That would take more effort than I have.

Sit, stand, walk, stand still, lie down, get back up and do it all over again. It doesn't matter, I can't get comfortable. I really want to sleep. But if I do, I will be up all night and I am trying to get on a normal schedule. I have to get up and go to Winthrop tomorrow.
Addie, we should be together today. I am having a complete chronic pain flare, along with a migraine and a continued upset tummy. I can't get comfortable anywhere and had to have a coke zero just to make TB's sandwiches (he went and got my pills, food for Violet and some juice so I wasn't going to make him do his food too). I normally can't take caffeine as it triggers migraines, but I already had one so it wouldn't make me worse. It did give me just enough energy to do my task and write this.

We have no idea why this has happened but are thinking I may have to have a medication change as I have all the other chronic pain tools in place. Oh, and I fell out of bed yet again. The bed rail stopped my head from hitting the nightstand, but my bum went over and I hit my left side on the bed rail so now both sides are hurting. This falling is starting to scare me.
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #20112
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
had to have a coke zero just to make TB's sandwiches
I'm sure you already know this and may have investigated this for yourself but there is some evidence that aspartame can trigger migraines. Just a suggestion.

(I'm not saying that everyone will get headaches from aspartame, so please.....)
__________________

__________________
cave76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #20113
Head Chef
 
creative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 1,614
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
I'm sure you already know this and may have investigated this for yourself but there is some evidence that aspartame can trigger migraines. Just a suggestion.

(I'm not saying that everyone will get headaches from aspartame, so please.....)
Migraine is the least of what this artificial sweetener has been linked to!

It is so significantly controversial as to be banned in some countries, e.g. Japan.
__________________
"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt" (Charles M. Shulz)
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #20114
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Addie, we should be together today. I am having a complete chronic pain flare, along with a migraine and a continued upset tummy. I can't get comfortable anywhere and had to have a coke zero just to make TB's sandwiches (he went and got my pills, food for Violet and some juice so I wasn't going to make him do his food too). I normally can't take caffeine as it triggers migraines, but I already had one so it wouldn't make me worse. It did give me just enough energy to do my task and write this.

We have no idea why this has happened but are thinking I may have to have a medication change as I have all the other chronic pain tools in place. Oh, and I fell out of bed yet again. The bed rail stopped my head from hitting the nightstand, but my bum went over and I hit my left side on the bed rail so now both sides are hurting. This falling is starting to scare me.
Spike put wheels on my nightstand. It was mostly so that I wouldn't have to pull it when cleaning. But the real benefit has been when I roll over in my sleep and go right off the side. When I go against the nightstand, it wheels away from me and I go right on the floor. Fortunately my bed is low to the floor. I have finally learned to go way over to the side next to the wall when I am feeling sleepy.

But today I just couldn't get it together. It is mostly old age catching up on me. I don't have too many days like this. I haven't been in any pain. I just couldn't get my act together. Whatever it was, the Vicodin finally kicked in and I am starting to come around.

And this DANG@#$%@$# cold has turned around and come back. But at least I am still getting all the phlegm up when I cough. And it is still clear. That is the main thing. No fever, no color to the phlegm, so no pneumonia.

I am one to hide when something is wrong. If I don't feel good, of course I self diagnose. And I even self prescribe medication. Providing it doesn't need a written one. Only once have I ever asked Poo to write me a script. I had developed a UTI in the middle of the night. I didn't think it warranted a trip to the ER. He came down to my apartment with some pills. Because I caught it right when it first started, I was able to stop it immediately.

But I am feeling fine now. Fine enough to get up and do some housework. Thanks for caring.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #20115
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Migraine is the least of what this artificial sweetener has been linked to!
I agree with you creative! But I've learned to be circumspect when giving information which might be misconstrued!

Fortunately I'm not tempted by the artificial sweeteners. They all taste absolutely awful to me! Yuck!
__________________
cave76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #20116
Executive Chef
 
Mad Cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North West England
Posts: 4,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Spike put wheels on my nightstand. It was mostly so that I wouldn't have to pull it when cleaning. But the real benefit has been when I roll over in my sleep and go right off the side. When I go against the nightstand, it wheels away from me and I go right on the floor. Fortunately my bed is low to the floor. I have finally learned to go way over to the side next to the wall when I am feeling sleepy.

But today I just couldn't get it together. It is mostly old age catching up on me. I don't have too many days like this. I haven't been in any pain. I just couldn't get my act together. Whatever it was, the Vicodin finally kicked in and I am starting to come around.

And this DANG@#$%@$# cold has turned around and come back. But at least I am still getting all the phlegm up when I cough. And it is still clear. That is the main thing. No fever, no color to the phlegm, so no pneumonia.

I am one to hide when something is wrong. If I don't feel good, of course I self diagnose. And I even self prescribe medication. Providing it doesn't need a written one. Only once have I ever asked Poo to write me a script. I had developed a UTI in the middle of the night. I didn't think it warranted a trip to the ER. He came down to my apartment with some pills. Because I caught it right when it first started, I was able to stop it immediately.

But I am feeling fine now. Fine enough to get up and do some housework. Thanks for caring.
Glad you were feeling better when you wrote this, Addie.

Don't treat UTIs lightly. It's quite common for them to cause confusion and disorientation in elderly patients and can result in nasty falls(as with my mother).
__________________
Donít look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Stomp along and switch the bl**dy thing on yourself.
Mad Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #20117
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
I agree with you creative! But I've learned to be circumspect when giving information which might be misconstrued!

Fortunately I'm not tempted by the artificial sweeteners. They all taste absolutely awful to me! Yuck!
I have tried them all and they leave a strong metallic taste in my mouth. It feels like I have been chewing on the hull of a Navy ship.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #20118
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Cave and Creative, thanks and don't worry there is no offense taken by your posts. I know all about aspartame and rarely take it. I don't drink sugared or chemically sweetened soft drinks or other products very often at all. I opt for a lemon-lime flavored sparkling water and plain water or watered down juices for my beverages.

However, once in awhile, if I need energy and already have the symptoms I know the drink will give me, I have one of TB's cokes. It gave me just enough energy to get the sandwiches made and then it bottomed out and I was able to sleep for quite awhile.

I am still in a huge chronic pain flare but the migraine is gone and my stomach is fine. TB texted to say he picked up a second bed rail to put at the bottom of the bed so my feet won't roll off. They are short enough that I will still have a good area to get in and out of. The store is right across from one of his Wednesday drop-off's which is just before his break!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #20119
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Just finished my yoga routine, much better after work. Shrek wanted Wendy's tonight so I got myself a hot pastrami on rye. Yum, but I think they forgot the cheese.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #20120
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Well it looks like I am on my way to the ER. My chronic pain levels have reached a 10 and are no longer manageable on my own. It is affecting my breathing/asthma and walking. They will give me some IV pain meds and decide if the ones I am taking need adjusting. If it isn't too busy I will be out in a few hours. They usually fast track me because it is pain and a routine fix. I just have to wait for my friend to come and pick me up.
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.