"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #20231
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
This is to replace a defective box. Sadly, I lose all the shows I've recorded and not watched when I take out the box.
One persons suggestion:

"Re: Transfer recordings from regular Samsung dvr to multiroom dvr?
Options
‎05-04-2012 08:02 AM

SInce it sounded like you were not trying to archive the old recordings forever, you might be able to talk verizon into letting you delay return of the old box. In other words, don't install the new DVR until you have viewed as much as possible. Even if you end up paying one month's DVR service for the old box, as well as the service fee for the new box while it is not hooked up, it will be cheaper that buying a device to back up the HD programming in standard definition for later viewing."

Re: Transfer recordings from regular Samsung dvr to multiroom dvr? - Verizon Forums

Old 07-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #20232
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Waiting for my pate brisse to cool so I can pour in the blueberry filling for a pie.

Yesterday one of Glenn's children brought him a big container of freshly-picked blueberries as a belated birthday gift.

Today they'll become a pie.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #20233
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post

Yes! and Thanks! Officially legal now for one year, but we start counting from 1996 when we had our Commitment ceremony, and been together for 20 years this October. Last night's dinner posts to correct thread.
Congrats to you and your lovely bride! ♡ I was scratching my head over this until you went into detail. After all, you guys do have a college age daughter. Did she tease you over making it "legal"? (Insert wiggling eyebrows smiley - can't do it on my phone).
Old 07-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #20234
Chef Extraordinaire

I just came in from weeding the veggie garden. Dang, it's hot out there! 90F, but it's humid and the heat index is 95.

It looks like I have enough basil for my first batch of pesto this summer. I'll go pick it and the parsley in a little while and get that going. Then I need to pick up a few things at the grocery store and thaw something for dinner. Probably ground beef for burgers.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #20235
Head Chef

I spent most of this afternoon getting to grips with my compact digital camera so that I can post photos online (e.g. my finished dishes here!)

It took a while because I'm a techno dinosaur but I did it leisurely and with a computer forum standing by for back up. Happy to say I have succeeded in mastering (a) how to use the camera, i.e. assembling the photos to install on the pc (b) the installation procedure on pc (c) the bit I enjoy, editing them on photobucket and, finally, (d) how to send them from photobucket.

Have already sent some of my watercolour paintings to friends.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #20236
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
I spent most of this afternoon getting to grips with my compact digital camera so that I can post photos online (e.g. my finished dishes here!)

It took a while because I'm a techno dinosaur but I did it leisurely and with a computer forum standing by for back up. Happy to say I have succeeded in mastering (a) how to use the camera, i.e. assembling the photos to install on the pc (b) the installation procedure on pc (c) the bit I enjoy, editing them on photobucket and, finally, (d) how to send them from photobucket.

Aren't we also your friends?
Old 07-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #20237
Master Chef

Quote:

Yay! That is quite an accomplishment, I remember how I felt when I first went digital. You'll have so much fun taking pictures, editing them, and downloading them. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #20238
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Nice job, Creative! Now we want to see the food pics, along with the watercolors!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #20239
Master Chef

Quote:

Photobucket is also my favorite for posting pictures here.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #20240
Master Chef

Just watched Germany win the world cup!

With the last world cup we were on a tour bus in Germany and the driver was listening to the game on the radio. When Germany scored, the bus driver jumped out of his seat yelling with his arms above his head traveling down the road at 70mph. He scared all of us to pieces until he got control of himself and the bus again.

I thought of him today and hoped he wasn't driving a bus.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote