"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #20251
Master Chef

Just getting ready to go shop for a new microwave. Ours died last night. We have had this on since 2006. Is that about their life span?

Old 07-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #20252
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
I don't regard a question as arguing...just saying.
I don't either but many people do. It's called conversation.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #20253
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Just getting ready to go shop for a new microwave. Ours died last night. We have had this on since 2006. Is that about their life span?

We have a Sharp that's at least 10 years old. The display is shot so we've had to adjust to that.

I'd buy a new one but can't find one like the one I have. It's built with the control panel across the top so it's narrow for it's turntable size and power. It fits perfectly on a narrow piece of counter between the fridge and stove.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #20254
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I don't know about newer microwaves, but our previous one lasted over 20 years.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #20255
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
I don't either but many people do. It's called conversation.
It's called conversation when the other person responds. When they say they have better things to do, well, that's just rude.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #20256
Honey Badger

Had a crash course in plumbing,taking out and placing back sheet a rock wall this week.It's been an experience.Now I get to finally paint the bathroom...Yeah!!!!

We had a water pipe leak from the guest bathroom's shower.Didn't know about it until it was too late.Hearing water spraying inside a wall isn't fun.

So we had to take out the wall.It was unrepairable.I didn't want to deal with mold issues.Just get it out and replace the whole thing.Fixed the pipe.Waited a few days to see if it would leak again.Put a new wall back.While we were at it replaced all the fixtures in the bathroom.Right down to the sink.The new fan is nice and quiet.

Now all that's left is paint,replace those flat things that line the bottoms of the walls,floors and lining the new shelves.

Maybe after I take a nap.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #20257
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
It's called conversation when the other person responds.
True dat.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:25 PM   #20258
Head Chef

Thumbs up

I dismantled a hand plane, to sharpen the blade and thought I noted how it came apart in sections. Apparently not! After a frustrating time I hit on the idea to see if there was a youtube on how to assemble a hand plane.

Gotta love youtube - saved the day!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #20259
Chef Extraordinaire

The apartment manager knock on my door early this afternoon. She hadn't seen me for a couple of weeks and wanted to know if I was all right. Then we got talking about my neighbor. I told her that this morning around ten a.m. there was a loud crash that came from her apartment. Loud enough that it woke me out of a sound sleep. She mentioned that the police have been here twice and did I know if it was for her? I haven't seen them, but I have been sick with this stinking cold and have been staying in my apartment. I don't want to infect anyone in the building. I also mentioned that there was a loud argument going on. The manager suspects that the granddaughter is staying with her. She is homeless. I was going to call the police this morning when I heard the loud crash. But I am so reluctant to bring more troubles on her. I am sorry now that I didn't. Like it or not I am going to have to get involved. Elderly Abuse are ugly words. And that is what is going on in there.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:17 PM   #20260
Senior Cook

Update on mom - her UTI is back with a vengeance, she's dehydrated, and her electrolytes are out of whack. Going to be in hospital longer this time so she can build her strength back up.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote