"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #20281
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmmytunes View Post
Thank you so much, Addie. My mom and my kids / grandkids mean so much to me. I don't know what I would do if something happened to any of them.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
cj, Spike and I had a serious ten minute talk of what I expect of him when my time comes. He is the strong one and the one I know I can rely on to carry out my wishes. The Pirate and my daughter will fall apart. One step below useless in an emergency. Poo, he is the medical one and can explain to the others exactly what happened. I think every child should sit down and have "that" talk together with their parents.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #20282
Master Chef

Bakechef - congrats to your friends and best wishes to their getting-bigger family. Babies are sooo sweet....till you have to change the diaper!

cj - glad your Mom is doing better again. Hope THIS time she's all better and stays that way when you bring her home.

Addie - glad you had a good day. With the weather acting up I was afraid all your joints would be aching.

Kayelle - sorry to hear about all your sad losses all at once. With all the many years of happiness that you've had with your loved ones I'm sure you have lots of great memories to think back on.

Katie - if you have too many tomatoes I'd like to take a few off your hands.

I'm sitting and watching TV, thankful we still have electricity after the storms that moved through earlier tonight. Not only do I have TV, which I could live without, but we still have air conditioning! Makes sleeping on a humid night so much easier.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #20283
Certified Cake Maniac

We just got the first paperwork from our cruise - TB's dietary needs list! They will allow 3 items from each category per day and more items are $2.00 each. We are talking gluten free here (no charge or limits for dairy free). The categories are bread products, pasta, desserts and Miscellaneous (cold cereals, pizza, pancakes). That is totally doable and reasonable!

I have put myself down for a mostly vegetarian diet which means I can just pick and choose from the menu.

Getting this notice makes the cruise a little more real...that and the fact I paid my rather large Visa bill last month!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #20284
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
We just got the first paperwork from our cruise - TB's dietary needs list! They will allow 3 items from each category per day and more items are $2.00 each. We are talking gluten free here (no charge or limits for dairy free). The categories are bread products, pasta, desserts and Miscellaneous (cold cereals, pizza, pancakes). That is totally doable and reasonable!

I have put myself down for a mostly vegetarian diet which means I can just pick and choose from the menu.

Getting this notice makes the cruise a little more real...that and the fact I paid my rather large Visa bill last month!
What cruise line are you using LP? We have no diet restrictions but all the people we have dined with that have had restrictions have been more than pleased with how it was handled. You should be well taken care of from what I've observed. I'm really getting excited for you!!

You might be interested in reading our trip story about the cruise to Alaska 2007.
http://stevekathytravels.com/sitebui...kajune2007.pdf

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #20285
Certified Cake Maniac

What am I doing now?

I am getting ready to have kids!

No, I am not expecting, not adopting. A young woman who has lived with us on and off had to end her marriage last November due to abuse. She phoned victim's services to find out whether the warrant and order of protection are in place in case he comes back in the province. Victim's Services hears my AD's ("adopted daughter") son scream in the background and called 911 who called the Ministry of Social Services who removed the children from the house. There is a little more to it than that, but it gives you the idea (and I don't want to debate this, it is just part of MY story).

Anyway, her friend couldn't take the kids (girl 4, boy 3) because she has three of her own. AD's parent's had them last night but the Ministry doesn't want them to stay there....so we are the next best thing. I know it is going to be tough with my health, but I love children and really want to help them out. It shouldn't be for too long.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #20286
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Laurie, I won't ask any nosy questions. Have fun with the kids, but don't overexert yourself.

I just got off the phone with Kaspersky. I could have sworn I cancelled the auto-renew. I found a charge on my credit card, because it had auto-renewed. They have promised to give me a refund. This time I have email confirmation for the credit and for the cancellation of the auto-renew.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #20287
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

That's so kind of you, LP!

I yanked out a bunch of dayflowers that have taken over one of our borders and embedded themselves into the lilies and shrubs. They have beautiful blue flowers, but are noxious weeds and will take over everything if not held in check. I'm not done with them yet, but kinda scratched up from climbing through the shrubs.

Then went to the pool. It was warmer today than it was yesterday.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #20288
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Take care Laurie. Just home from work, want to take my feet off and put them on a shelf.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #20289
Master Chef

That's really nice of you LP. Have fun with the kiddos but don't over-do.

I'm resting my feet after standing all day. First I cleaned out a lot of stuff in the basement, setting it aside for an eventual garage sale. I'm planning on September, hoping the weather will be cooler than August since our garage faces due east and it is hot as Hades from morning until around 1:30 or 2:00 PM most summer days. After cleaning, I made supper. I should go on strike until Himself does some work around here. Himself is much too spoiled.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:06 AM   #20290
Sous Chef

I'm up late...annoyed about work. I'm knitting a scarf for my daughter, and she'll love it!