"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-17-2014, 06:13 AM   #20291
Certified Cake Maniac

Well, we just finished moving rooms around, stashing all chemicals and sharps out of reach and making a nice big room for the kids. But they ended up being scared in there and are passed out in the living room. The girl is on the couch and the 3 year old boy is in my lift chair. We moved into my studio (which originally was our bedroom) but are just squeezed in at the moment.

TB is sleeping, but my legs are sore and I am wide awake. The kids adapted to us immediately. We are trying to show them love and at the same time show them some discipline. I love having kids in the house!

Violet is being very protective of them, sleeping close by and watching if they fuss. Monkey hid until they were asleep!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:16 AM   #20292
Head Chef

Exclamation

I am trying to figure out ways how best to avoid being a victim of today's soaring heat. When the heat is quite high (29 degrees - no wind/humid), it can be a problem for the elderly, pregnant and the young. I am 64 and have high blood pressure. I would not normally go out under these conditions but I am scheduled to visit my mother.

I have a small hand fan, a water spray and will be taking a container with chilled water with ice. If I walk slowly, I should be OK. (I am inclined to run for a bus though )

Old 07-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #20293
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Feel quite loggy this morning, have a meeting at 8:30 am. At least I am ready for the meeting, now to get there.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #20294
Chef Extraordinaire

I was scheduled to go to Winthrop this morning. Had a bad night. Finally took one Vicodin at four this morning and now not so achy. Got some much needed sleep. I woke up at ten and the door bell rang about two seconds after I opened my eyes. Winthrop called me to check up on me.

I still have a lingering cough, so decided to not go to Winthrop. Just as I was talking to Winthrop telling her about the still lingering cough, I took a coughing fit. "Nuff said to her about that. She got the message. Told her I was going to be selfish and not share it others. She thanked me for being so thoughtful.

So my plans for the day are to empty the kitchen sink of the few dirty dishes and then sit and do some needlework. I also have to let Rosie out today so she can work also. Last night Spike brought me a pack of batteries for her virtual wall. The pack expired in 2011. It was a pack of twelve batteries. Five of them had leakage.

Time to take another Vicodin. Get my day off to a painless start and have more energy.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #20295
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Bakechef - congrats to your friends and best wishes to their getting-bigger family. Babies are sooo sweet....till you have to change the diaper!

cj - glad your Mom is doing better again. Hope THIS time she's all better and stays that way when you bring her home.

Addie - glad you had a good day. With the weather acting up I was afraid all your joints would be aching.

Kayelle - sorry to hear about all your sad losses all at once. With all the many years of happiness that you've had with your loved ones I'm sure you have lots of great memories to think back on.

Katie - if you have too many tomatoes I'd like to take a few off your hands.

I'm sitting and watching TV, thankful we still have electricity after the storms that moved through earlier tonight. Not only do I have TV, which I could live without, but we still have air conditioning! Makes sleeping on a humid night so much easier.
Gee, none of that storm or any other made it to my part of town. Just a few rain drops.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #20296
Chef Extraordinaire

So I am sitting here and have a questions for all the housekeepers. I have the cloth and am ready to go out to fill a pot with hot soapy water so I can take apart the floor fan and clean it. The problem is I don't have a basin for such jobs. And I hate the thought of using a cooking utensil for a dirty household job. But I don't have a choice. What do all of you use for a container when washing woodwork, or cleaning other parts of your home with water? I know, the pot can be cleaned after with clean hot soapy water. It is just the idea that I should have a particular basin or such for this kind of cleaning.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #20297
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Don't have a bucket? How about an old coffee can? I've been known to use a dish washing basin.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #20298
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Don't have a bucket? How about an old coffee can? I've been known to use a dish washing basin.
Yup. I have a couple of buckets.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #20299
Certified Pretend Chef

Plastic two gallon pails. Also, you can get 5 gallon buckets with a lid at Home Depot.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #20300
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I do have one, but it is one of those wringer type. It rings out the mop so you don't have to put your hands in the dirty water. And it would be very difficult to get your hands down into it.

I never even thought to buy one that I could use for cleaning. I think the coffee can would be too small to get my hands in with the cloth. After my first post, I had the bright idea to ask Spike if he has one of those lovely pink wash basins that you can take home from the hospital. Between him and Sandy, they have stock in the hospital.