"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #20351
Senior Cook

What am I doing right now - getting ready to go to bed. Mom's kept me busy this week - walking twice a day to get her strength and endurance up.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:44 PM   #20352
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmmytunes View Post
Addie, I know this is late but do you have any of the pans that the hospital would give you when you decide to grace them with an overnight stay or longet?

No. But you will bet I will take one home the next time. And I know there will be a next time. There always is. I am going to have to ask Spike if he has one. Between him and Sandy, there should be a whole collection in the house.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:47 PM   #20353
Master Chef

I have a huge glass of wine, relaxing after a good but interesting day.

Steve and I had full charge of our new little g.daughter for a full today at her house.
Both my younger son and his wife had to work overtime this Saturday, and I don't mind telling you I lost sleep about taking care of her without a safety net. Dang, it's been a very long time. The two grands I had before our new little Cheyenne are grown and in their '20's. Ack! I didn't know that disposable diapers now days have velcro tabs. When she needed a diaper change I was yelling for Steve to help me because the "sticky tabs" were no good, and not sticky!

In all, it was a blessing to be with her all alone today without anyone around. She had such a rough start in being so premature, but at 8 months old she's now perfect in every way, right down to entertaining the old folks with such heart warming smiles for a whole day.
Life is indeed, very very good.........

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #20354
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmmytunes View Post
Addie, my mom and I did that Tuesday night while I stayed in the hospital with her. We have everything straight now. And she was released Wednesday with no antibiotics and the present of a weeks paid vacation from her boss.

I am glad you had the "talk". There are a few members that recently in the past few years have had to settle their parents estates. It is because they talked about what their parents wanted, they knew what they had to do. Sitting across from the funeral director is not the time to have to make decisions that you might live to regret later.

Gee, if I get sick do you think her boss will give me a paid vacation also?
Old 07-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #20355
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post

Steve and I had full charge of our new little g.daughter for a full today at her house.
Both my younger son and his wife had to work overtime this Saturday, and I don't mind telling you I lost sleep about taking care of her without a safety net. Dang, it's been a very long time. The two grands I had before our new little Cheyenne are grown and in their '20's. Ack! I didn't know that disposable diapers now days have velcro tabs. When she needed a diaper change I was yelling for Steve to help me because the "sticky tabs" were no good, and not sticky!

In all, it was a blessing to be with her all alone today without anyone around. She had such a rough start in being so premature, but at 8 months old she's now perfect in every way, right down to entertaining the old folks with such heart warming smiles for a whole day.
Psst, Kayelle...disposables now have velcro tabs. Sorry if I'm a bit late with this info.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #20356
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Psst, Kayelle...disposables now have velcro tabs. Sorry if I'm a bit late with this info.
Where were you today when I needed you

Old 07-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #20357
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

Kay, don't feel bad. When my daughter had her first baby, she was changing him and called for me to bring her the wipes. Huh? What are wipes?

When I changed my kids diaper, I used a warm wet facecloth with Ivory or Castile soap to wipe their bottom. Not a cold wet piece of paper. I didn't have a special baby's tub for the bath. The kitchen sink did the job. And I had cloth diapers for all five of my kids. If I were to have another baby in the house today, I would still use cloth diapers. And none of my kids ever had a diaper rash.

I am so glad you got to spend the whole day with your granddaughter. Sounds like a perfect day.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #20358
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Kay, don't feel bad. When my daughter had her first baby, she was changing him and called for me to bring her the wipes. Huh? What are wipes?

When I changed my kids diaper, I used a warm wet facecloth with Ivory or Castile soap to wipe their bottom. Not a cold wet piece of paper. I didn't have a special baby's tub for the bath. The kitchen sink did the job. And I had cloth diapers for all five of my kids. If I were to have another baby in the house today, I would still use cloth diapers. And none of my kids ever had a diaper rash.

I am so glad you got to spend the whole day with your granddaughter. Sounds like a perfect day.
I hear you loud and clear Addie!!

Actually, they usually use cloth diapers for her (huge savings with $).
I requested disposable today.. at my age, grand mother was not interested in dealing with even one more cloth diaper in the toilet. Been there, done that...
Age has it's perks.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:12 AM   #20359
Master Chef

Kayelle, it sounds like Cheyenne had a perfect "Grandfolks and Me" day! Glad she could make you so happy, even if the new "hardware" had you a bit befuddled.

When our kids were born I had dozens of cloth diapers ready to go. Too bad our tiny babies' backsides were so small. First time I put a diaper on our son, put the plastic pants over it, and picked him up...the diaper slid right down his legs! Same thing with our daughter. We went ahead and used the disposable ones the hospital sent home with the kids as self-preservation. Found them so very nice to use. Keep in mind our two were going through about 8 diapers a day EACH (if not more) because they not only had tiny bodies, they had tiny bladders. Somehow, though, they seemed to have pretty big appetites. Ended up using disposables until they were potty-trained. I still have their cloth diapers though. They make wonderful drying cloths when washing the car.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #20360
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Where were you today when I needed you
Depends...on who you ask.