"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #20471
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sorry Addie, Poo will be fine, he has people who know him, taking care of him.

I am eating watermelon and procrastinating again.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #20472
Chef Extraordinaire

Relaxing in a hotel on our way to Michigan. I brought a cooler of food, so we're going to eat here in the room and just take it easy.

Addie, I'm sorry to hear about Poo's health problems. I'm sure he will be fine - the Princess says so

Old 07-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #20473
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Relaxing in a hotel on our way to Michigan. I brought a cooler of food, so we're going to eat here in the room and just take it easy.

Addie, I'm sorry to hear about Poo's health problems. I'm sure he will be fine - the Princess says so
I hope you have clear roads and skies on your travels. How far did you get?

I missed lift off this morning.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:33 PM   #20474
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks. We're in Buckhannon, West Virginia. We have about 7 hours to go tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #20475
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Not a bad drive! Have fun!
Old 07-26-2014, 12:42 AM   #20476
Sous Chef

Trying to stifle down fury. It sure ain't easy.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:47 AM   #20477
Master Chef

Addie, praying that you and Poo get through this again. I'm sure you will because of what PF said.

GG, safe travels the rest of the way and back again. Breathe in a little Ohio air for me while you're driving through if your Michigan lungs will let you.

CCL, watch your blood pressure! Now breathe, breathe...

I'm goofing off here instead of heading to bed. Got up early (for me) today and I'm just about spent. But just one more thread... (They're like potato chips.)
Old 07-26-2014, 04:51 AM   #20478
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
Trying to stifle down fury. It sure ain't easy.
I think suppression is always unhealthy. It tends to resurface and erupt inappropriately at a later stage.

If it were me, I would find an outlet for it e.g. energetic exercise or punching cusions
Old 07-26-2014, 06:38 AM   #20479
Chef Extraordinaire

I was surfing the web looking for info on our tax free holiday. We sure have it made here in Mass. I think we have the best tax free holiday of all the states that are participating. One year I bought my washer tax free. My daughter bought her overhead large microwave. And another year she bought her washer and dryer. All on tax free weekends. This year she is going for a new living room set. The only thing we can't buy tax free is cars and boats of any size.

Sales Tax Holiday | Bankrate.com

We don't pay tax on clothing, so for us that is always a given. And most school supplies are tax free during the year. Major items only. Like if your school required you bring your own personal lap computer. If I were to walk in and say it was for my use, I would have to pay the tax.

REGARDING POO

Poo called me yesterday from the hospital. He notified the hospital and signed the papers giving me Power of Attorney and his medical proxy. He could only talk for a few minutes. I could hear him losing his strength. He tires very easily. Right now he is very weak. I am going to call the hospital and speak to the nurse. I am not too worried about him. He is in the hospital that he works in and everyone there likes him. So I know he is getting the very best personal care. He did tell me that he is on a drip that is dissolving the clot in his lung. They also have him on a higher than normal dose of oxygen. This is going to be a long haul. He has a team of friends that were taking turns at his home to take care of him. They were and will again, give him around the clock care. And you can bet he will come home with any and all supplies he may need. And they will be there again when he is released from the hospital. They are all PAs, so I know he is being well cared for. How can you not be when you have almost every medical person in town caring for you.

Thank you all for your prayers. I am sure you all know just how serious a clot in the lung is. This is the worst illness he has ever had. He did have the flu one year when he was in middle school. It took him six months to finally shake it. He kept having relapses.

Again thank you all. Just knowing that there are folks out there that care, if a tremendous comfort to me. First my daughter and now my son. My first born and my last born. He is not completely out of the woods, but he is getting there. Slowly but surely. Thank you.

With all my love and appreciation,
Adele
Old 07-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #20480
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I was surfing the web looking for info on our tax free holiday. We sure have it made here in Mass. I think we have the best tax free holiday of all the states that are participating. One year I bought my washer tax free. My daughter bought her overhead large microwave. And another year she bought her washer and dryer. All on tax free weekends. This year she is going for a new living room set. The only thing we can't buy tax free is cars and boats of any size.

Sales Tax Holiday | Bankrate.com

We don't pay tax on clothing, so for us that is always a given. And most school supplies are tax free during the year. Major items only. Like if your school required you bring your own personal lap computer. If I were to walk in and say it was for my use, I would have to pay the tax.

REGARDING POO

Poo called me yesterday from the hospital. He notified the hospital and signed the papers giving me Power of Attorney and his medical proxy. He could only talk for a few minutes. I could hear him losing his strength. He tires very easily. Right now he is very weak. I am going to call the hospital and speak to the nurse. I am not too worried about him. He is in the hospital that he works in and everyone there likes him. So I know he is getting the very best personal care. He did tell me that he is on a drip that is dissolving the clot in his lung. They also have him on a higher than normal dose of oxygen. This is going to be a long haul. He has a team of friends that were taking turns at his home to take care of him. They were and will again, give him around the clock care. And you can bet he will come home with any and all supplies he may need. And they will be there again when he is released from the hospital. They are all PAs, so I know he is being well cared for. How can you not be when you have almost every medical person in town caring for you.

Thank you all for your prayers. I am sure you all know just how serious a clot in the lung is. This is the worst illness he has ever had. He did have the flu one year when he was in middle school. It took him six months to finally shake it. He kept having relapses.

Again thank you all. Just knowing that there are folks out there that care, if a tremendous comfort to me. First my daughter and now my son. My first born and my last born. He is not completely out of the woods, but he is getting there. Slowly but surely. Thank you.

With all my love and appreciation,
Adele
Glad to hear that the hospital is doing its best for Poo. Continued thoughts and prayers from here.

And the tax free weekend sounds a really good idea.