"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #20551
Head Chef

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Sensible in its way but when you wear reading glasses and can't see past your nose when you're wearing them you have to take them off sometimes when you aren't in the "putting your glasses down" place. I found a pair of mine outside on the window sill this morning - after searching the house for them last night. I'd had to put them on while I read the instructions for the glyphosphate and took them off so I could see to use it. I wasn't going to go back in the house and put them in their proper "putting down" place so I put them on the window sill and forgot about them.

I see myself as a sort of non-professorial absent-minded Professor
Ah I see....in that case, I would mentally retrace my steps and try to visualise my actions - but I guess you do that?

Old 07-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #20552
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
If I take my glasses off, I fold them shut and hang them by one stem from my neckline.
I had a strappy tee shirt on and they wouldn't grip so fell out every time I leaned over something on the ground.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #20553
Head Chef

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
If I take my glasses off, I fold them shut and hang them by one stem from my neckline.

Yes I do that with sunglasses/shades when I'm out. It works until I stoop down for something and then they clatter to the ground! (Ah, have just read that Mad Cook has that experience too, i.e. in the post directly above mine - typed around the same time as my post).

Some hook the stem ends on to a looped chain around their neck so they can dangle like a necklace when not needed.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:06 PM   #20554
Master Chef

I'm waiting for the dryer to finish flipping some laundry around, then I'll put things on hangers. After that I have a couple of plants I need to re-pot. My spider plant is trying to dig itself a new home, the cactus plant is so root-bound they're crawling over the edge, and the new basil plant I bought really should be in two pots. If I still have time I have a banana plant that has sprouted a couple of baby plants. I've re-potted the plant once before and ended up with a dead mother plant and three babies. Kept one baby and now she's a mom of 3. Even plant life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
However...hooray! I found the pan. Exactly where I'd looked any number of times....
It was a case of "if it was alive it would have bitten me". I experience that on occasion just because I do the same "put it down now, put it back later" method.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #20555
Master Chef

Was talking to my son, he said when they got back from their vacation they went to pick up their dog at the place were they were boarding him for the week and they thought he would be happy to see them. Well, to their surprise he wouldn't even look at them. Even in the car on the way home he would not interact with them. He was so mad at them, poor little guy. My son said that he is finally forgiving them and starting to play with his toys.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:35 PM   #20556
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Yes I do that with sunglasses/shades when I'm out. It works until I stoop down for something and then they clatter to the ground! (Ah, have just read that Mad Cook has that experience too, i.e. in the post directly above mine - typed around the same time as my post).

Some hook the stem ends on to a looped chain around their neck so they can dangle like a necklace when not needed.

I use one of those eyeglass neck cords, too. Very handy. Works well for me since I don't need them for anything but reading small print.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #20557
Honey Badger

Taking care of my best bud "GR"He just got back a little while ago from the vets office.He really likes the "NEWWW vet lady" Traitor!

While I was working in the front yard borders the other day,I noticed that he stepped into that gopher hole the wrong way.He winched a little, shrugged it off, he was too interested in playing ball.I didn't think anything of it.

He started limping favoring his right paw.To the point he wouldn't put his full weight on it.Today was day 4.Vet time! Our usual vet would only see him as a drop off.Meaning we'll get to him when we can.So I called another vet, they flat out said no because he hasn't been seen their before.

Got online found a really nice new veterinarian office that was more than willing to take him in right now.So off we went.

He not only fractured his nail he came very close to having it completely removed.Had a foxtail in his ear.Remember Houdini? Lil S...!Left the dogs with fleas.We and the vet couldn't find any on him.Apparently what had bitten him GR chewed his hair off to the point of infection.He was pulling it off his belly.Gross!

At least he/we found a vet that he/we weren't terrified of.The staff was really good with him.We were in and out within an hour.Not the usual 4 hour wait.

He's on a painkiller now chilling out watching old yeller...I'll stop the dvd before yeller goes.
I don't want him drifting off into lala land wondering if I nap...will..???
Old 07-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #20558
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Was talking to my son, he said when they got back from their vacation they went to pick up their dog at the place were they were boarding him for the week and they thought he would be happy to see them. Well, to their surprise he wouldn't even look at them. Even in the car on the way home he would not interact with them. He was so mad at them, poor little guy. My son said that he is finally forgiving them and starting to play with his toys.
All of mine did that to my husband when I got sick.He took me away from home really fast.They didn't like that.
To this day they give me the "Don't trust him look, you won't be back" when I leave with him.
They give him the "You bring my mom back or else look!" I think they mean it.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #20559
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I love munching red peppers mindlessly...I add them into everything except my Cheerios and Oatmeal.
I like the peppers but the peppers don't like me.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #20560
Senior Cook

Addie, so sorry to hear about Poo. I've had the grandbaby for a few days - forgot how much work a 1 year old is.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote