"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #20621
Certified Cake Maniac

I had a 3 hour nap this afternoon, then had to get to work putting away my organic produce order. I started with this about a month ago - I order online and get it every Friday afternoon. It is great quality and good prices. We mainly get our produce and dairy products, though I also get some gluten free items as well.

Tonight I am catching up on American Ninja Warrior (yes, I freely admit to it!) and cuddling with the fur kids. Today has been my most restful since my surgery.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #20622
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm trying to talk myself into going to bed. I'm still fairly sore from the shopping spree and am tired too, but I took a long nap and now i am just hanging out.

I think I'll just read awhile and hopefully get sleepy enough to go to bed.

Later, folks,

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #20623
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Goin' to a hog roast, baby, next evening (sung to the tune of "Lookin' for Some Hot Love.")

I toasted some sesame seeds and made up the Dragon Lady noodles that I plan to take to the potluck/pig roast tomorrow. Allowed DH a taste, and he grunted, "More. Want more."
Old 08-02-2014, 12:32 AM   #20624
Master Chef

Uh oh...better hide them in the back of the fridge, dawg.

I just paid utility bills online for last month. $125 total for gas, electric, and water. I'm loving that. Searching for a movie to watch and having a bowl of Tin Roof Sundae ice cream.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:30 AM   #20625
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...I am not happy with his thinking, but there is not much I can do about it. So I am just praying and hoping his boss stops him before he tries to go back to work.
It's good that Poo is that dedicated to his job. But YOU know he needs to recover fully before he should go back. Hopefully he needs a doctor's clearance before he's allowed to return to work. Now all you have to hope for is that the doctor has more common sense!
Old 08-02-2014, 02:39 AM   #20626
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
..I got quite a few items that were lower sodium, but wish some of the chips companies would come out with less sodium products. I miss my snacks.
Have you tried making homemade potato chips in the microwave? Himself got the bright idea to try it one day - probably saw it on Alton Brown's "Good Eats" on Hulu. Anyway, I found a recipe here: Microwave Potato Chips Recipe | Eating Well We did ours on a paper plate. (be warned - I did see a comment by someone who used her regular, retired Pfaltzgraf plate that ended up getting crazed) You could probably season it with a low- or no-salt seasoning. We tried it and they turned out pretty much OK!
Old 08-02-2014, 02:44 AM   #20627
Master Chef

Just winding down before bed after another Free Fun Friday outing. This time we were in Concord, visiting the Concord Museum. Historical museums are more of a review for us. We've walked battlefields and towns, visiting homes and merchants all over, for all the decades we've been married. Still, each one has at least one unique twist that makes it worthwhile. Today we got to see one of the two original lanterns that Paul Revere hung in the steeple of the Old North Church.

Afterwards, we wandered through a couple of shops on Main Street, then headed about 10 miles away to Penzeys. Quick and cheap trip today since all I had to buy were the two items I forgot were on my list when we made an impromptu stop in July on the way back from OH.

Don't know where to, but we might disappear tomorrow too. Our next door neighbor is having a party for their son, who is in the Army and is leaving for Korea on Tuesday. Thank goodness it wasn't the Middle East!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:43 AM   #20628
Assistant Cook

I thought there's only 3 colors of pepper, red, green and yellow. ( i also didnt know that green pepper were the "before" stage of red pepper- hahahaha) There's orange and purple? Cool. I dont know if it's just me or Indonesia do only have three colors of peppers.

I'm currently sitting in a coffeeshop trying to stay awake waiting for my mom coloring her hair. Just did groceries for next week lunch and bought lego for a quiet satnite! :)

Let's talk food!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:47 AM   #20629
Assistant Cook

Wait- i'm sorry.. I thought the previous posts were talking about peppers? I typed and clicked reply and the post about peppers changed into other posts. My apologies.. This app still confuse me :s

Let's talk food!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:29 AM   #20630
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I'm back from shopping. All the groceries are put away, although there are some things that will need prep - separating, packaging, freezing some.

Most of the prep work can be put off until tomorrow after my back has had a chance to rest.

I got a huge (9.9 #) pork sirloin. It's cut into two pieces, one fairly large, the other huge.

The bigger piece is now braising in beer at 275.

I got quite a few items that were lower sodium, but wish some of the chips companies would come out with less sodium products. I miss my snacks.
Zhizara,

Look for these, they have them in our local Walmart and some of the chain grocery stores.

Regular Chips