"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #20821
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I should have put the car back in the garage. They cleaned the garage today, so I parked the car on the street last night. I'm just being such a klutz today, that I don't think driving is a good idea.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:49 PM   #20822
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,245
Just finished listening to my team's baseball game. Cleveland is playing in the Twin Cities. Before the Twins had even one out in their half of the first inning my Tribe was losing 5-0. Over the decades I've learned to never give up on this team because they have pulled off some memorable wins. Tonight they did it again! By the time was over we had won 7-5. Yay Team!

I have a few last pieces of laundry to fold, and then I'm going to get all comfy in my nicegown (what our daughter called her favorite nightgown when she was little) and curl up in the sun room to read. I just picked up the next book in the Wine Lover's Mystery series and I want to tuck into "A Toast for Murder". Of course I'll be sipping on a bit of wine while reading it.
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #20823
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,291
Watching the littles and the big girls (and boys) interact. I love having chickens. They are so entertaining. Merla and Hester have been having show downs lately. They tuck their heads down, do a stare-off and then flutter up and do chest bumps. Not sure which of the two will end up being top hen of that mini flock. My money is on Merla. She was the first to perch at night and is a bit of a loner. Who knew having chickens could be so entertaining and so much fun!
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #20824
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Watching the littles and the big girls (and boys) interact. I love having chickens. They are so entertaining. Merla and Hester have been having show downs lately. They tuck their heads down, do a stare-off and then flutter up and do chest bumps. Not sure which of the two will end up being top hen of that mini flock. My money is on Merla. She was the first to perch at night and is a bit of a loner. Who knew having chickens could be so entertaining and so much fun!
My aunt's name is Merla, that's not a name that you hear often!
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #20825
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Just finished listening to my team's baseball game. Cleveland is playing in the Twin Cities. Before the Twins had even one out in their half of the first inning my Tribe was losing 5-0. Over the decades I've learned to never give up on this team because they have pulled off some memorable wins. Tonight they did it again! By the time was over we had won 7-5. Yay Team!

I have a few last pieces of laundry to fold, and then I'm going to get all comfy in my nicegown (what our daughter called her favorite nightgown when she was little) and curl up in the sun room to read. I just picked up the next book in the Wine Lover's Mystery series and I want to tuck into "A Toast for Murder". Of course I'll be sipping on a bit of wine while reading it.
Is it just me? I love folding laundry. I find it relaxing. You can carry on a conversation, watch TV, have some private thoughts, all while folding laundry.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #20826
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
My aunt's name is Merla, that's not a name that you hear often!
I am not sure what it means, but I selected it because this gal is white with gray markings--the word I know for that in the dog world is merle is I named her Merla. Merla is quite the character. She spends a lot of time spinning in circles and jumping up in the air trying to catch bugs.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #20827
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I am not sure what it means, but I selected it because this gal is white with gray markings--the word I know for that in the dog world is merle is I named her Merla. Merla is quite the character. She spends a lot of time spinning in circles and jumping up in the air trying to catch bugs.
My aunt is quite a character too...

He grandfather's name was Merle so I guess that was a way that my grandmother made the name sound more feminine.
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #20828
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
Last week grandson scratched the back of his heel, so I was puting some first -aid cream on it (he did it with the toenail from his other foot). Well, I looked at it this morning and couldn't believe my eyes. There was a red streak coming out of the scab, it was headed up his leg. I called his mother and told her I was taking him to have it checked out. (my uncle died of blood poisoning at the age of 19, I also had it in a thumb, the doctor said if we had waited 1 more day , they would have taken the thumb off). Well, it was a good thing the doctor ckecked it out, his diagnoses was (Bacterial skin infection and Lymphangitis.) He started him right away on Amoxicillin. He will be fine but it sure had me worried.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #20829
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Oh dear, JoAnn. Yes, that would be scary. I'm glad you got it sorted.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #20830
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,839
Good thing you kept an eye on it, JoAnn!
__________________

__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.