"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #20861
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Didn't get any of the usual Friday housekeeping chores done yesterday, so today was a huge catch-up day. In addition, as I was doing some of the laundry, I used the last of our detergent. That necessitated making a fresh 10-gallon batch. Fortunately, I've streamlined the process after making it for years and years, so it wasn't too much of a problem. And, the good thing, we now have tons of detergent in our stash.

Supper will be easy because there are some leftovers that need attention and we can begin anew tomorrow.

The rest of today will be a little lighter. All that's left to do is to remake our bed with the linens I just gathered off the outside clothesline.

Time to put my feet up and turn my attention to Huck Finn.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #20862
Certified Cake Maniac

I am sitting getting my vitamin coctail by iv at the naturopath clinic. I just ordered a kindle paperwhite to take with me on the cruise. that way I can read and don't have to take my tablet/pc which is so much bigger.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #20863
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here very worried. I woke up today and when I started to cough (yes, I still have that dang cough) my ribs felt like I had broken every one of them. I also feel a small amount of pain if I take a deep breath. Good heavens, I hope it is not pneumonia. This has been one heck of a summer. Will I ever feel "well" again? I am sick of having one thing after another go wrong.

When I went to Winthrop Thursday, my lungs sounded very clear. No crackling. Could something go so wrong that quickly?
Old 08-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #20864
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here very worried. I woke up today and when I started to cough (yes, I still have that dang cough) my ribs felt like I had broken every one of them. I also feel a small amount of pain if I take a deep breath. Good heavens, I hope it is not pneumonia. This has been one heck of a summer. Will I ever feel "well" again? I am sick of having one thing after another go wrong.

When I went to Winthrop Thursday, my lungs sounded very clear. No crackling. Could something go so wrong that quickly?
Yes!
Old 08-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #20865
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Gentle hugs Addie))) Let's hope you didn't break any ribs.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #20866
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
(((Gentle hugs Addie))) Let's hope you didn't break any ribs.

Thank you. I don't think I did. Right now I am feeling much better than when I woke up. In fact Spike commented that I seemed to be running around in spite of how I said I felt. I will keep an eye on the color of my phlegm and if it turns dark green, and/or the pain of breathing returns, 911 it will be. I am up to date with my Pneumonia shot.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #20867
Certified Cake Maniac

Addie, take good care of yourself. We need you here!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #20868
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Thank you. I don't think I did. Right now I am feeling much better than when I woke up. In fact Spike commented that I seemed to be running around in spite of how I said I felt. I will keep an eye on the color of my phlegm and if it turns dark green, and/or the pain of breathing returns, 911 it will be. I am up to date with my Pneumonia shot.
Hope you feel better soon without needing to resort to 911.

This cold seems to have gone on forever, you couldn't be allergic to something, could you? Anyone been doing building work on the building lately? New detergent, cleaning products, etc., in use either in your apartment or in the communal areas? New carpet or floor covering? Animals? Have you eaten anything unusual which could have set up a reaction? Hayfever?

Allergies can come on fairly suddenly and can be caused by something you've never had problems with before and anything causing sneezing and coughing can get on your chest and cause lung problems.

We need you here so don't mess with your health
Old 08-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #20869
Executive Chef

Yoo, hoo, Kayelle (

Wave, wave, Kayelle, are you OK? The California earthquake has been on the news over here and it sounds quite bad. Is it near you?
Old 08-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #20870
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Wave, wave, Kayelle, are you OK? The California earthquake has been on the news over here and it sounds quite bad. Is it near you?
Kayelle is in southern California - several hundred miles from the earthquake. My BIL happened to be in Napa Valley for a family party. No injuries to the family but they are probably still without power. Some roads were damaged and are impassable. I hope he can get home without too much trouble.