"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #20881
Master Chef

I'm scanning my computer for a virus. I don't think it is on my end, not sure.

I just saw a young lady from down the block go by. She walks her two dogs several times each day. One is a young energetic Lab and the other is an ancient Basset Hound that can no longer walk. The Basset rides, on a blanket, in a red Radio Flyer wagon while the young Lab strains to sniff every blade of grass along the route. They make an interesting trio!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #20882
Master Chef

Just sitting here listening to a wonderful thunder storm past through our area.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #20883
Chef Extraordinaire

We had slow cooker country style ribs yesterday. (Or last night.) So the dirty dishes are sitting in the sink calling me. I was just too tires to do them. So there they sit. I hate starting my day with a sink full of dirty dishes from the day before. The ribs were really good though.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:22 PM   #20884
Head Chef

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
We had slow cooker country style ribs yesterday. (Or last night.) So the dirty dishes are sitting in the sink calling me. I was just too tires to do them. So there they sit. I hate starting my day with a sink full of dirty dishes from the day before. The ribs were really good though.
When I have a chore I dislike doing I try to combine it with something pleasurable, e.g. music or the radio. That way I don't notice it too much. Oh, and to have a treat lined up for afterwards goes without saying!
Old 08-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #20885
Honey Badger

Quote:
I hear you Addie.Nothing worse than to go to bed knowing the kitchen is spotless to wake up with at least 40 minutes of dirty dishes in the morning.I mean they are all over my clean kitchen.

One day I woke up and saw that mess.Ticked me off.
I opened up the the bedroom doors.Walked away. While I was cleaning up their mess again,I made darn sure they heard every clanking dish being washed.Took my sweet time doing it to.
Even vacumed the carpets.GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!!!

Now we have an understanding.Keep her well stocked in paper plates.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #20886
Master Chef

When I was a teenager I had a babysitting job for a nurse. I would get there early in the morning and there in the kitchen was all of their dirty dishes sitting on the table yet from the night before with a sink full of dirty pots and pans, which she expected me to clean up. To top it off her husband would be there in the middle room in bed. That job only lasted two days.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #20887
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
...I hate starting my day with a sink full of dirty dishes from the day before...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
...Nothing worse than to go to bed knowing the kitchen is spotless to wake up with at least 40 minutes of dirty dishes in the morning.I mean they are all over my clean kitchen.

One day I woke up and saw that mess.Ticked me off...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
...there in the kitchen was all of their dirty dishes sitting on the table yet from the night before with a sink full of dirty pots and pans, which she expected me to clean up...
I have no such issues. We finish dinner around 8:00PM and SO and I just want to relax. I often leave all or part of the dinner dishes and the hand washing for the next day when I am alone and there are no new posts on DC.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #20888
Honey Badger

Quote:
I have no such issues. We finish dinner around 8:00PM and SO and I just want to relax. I often leave all or part of the dinner dishes and the hand washing for the next day when I am alone and there are no new posts on DC.
I wish dishes weren't an issue around here.But unfortunately leisure time is very little these days for me.Dishes and kitchen have to be done right after dinner.I do wash as I go.
They know I get up early to make hubby's, lunch dinner and the emergency meal.Paper plates have certainly cut down on the dishes,standing time.Now it's whoever tops the can off takes out the trash..
Don't look at me.*invisible*
Old 08-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #20889
Master Chef

I'm too cheap for paper plates!

I try to wash the dishes and tidy up before I turn in.

You never know when the paramedics or the fire department will decide to show up in the middle of the night!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #20890
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I'm too cheap for paper plates!

I try to wash the dishes and tidy up before I turn in.

You never know when the paramedics or the fire department will decide to show up in the middle of the night!
Never thought of that. If they see I am slow to do the dishes I may not get the best level of medical care...