What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can understand that

In Summer here I just drink lots of Puratap water..it is not cold but still hydrating which is good.

I find it harder to drink as much water now in Winter though

i just took in the mail and there was a box for my boy from my brother

he sent my boy my old thurman munson signed baseball from when i was a kid!

i couldn't believe it! i thought that ball was lost forever, but apparently my mom put it in a box with my brothers other ny yankees signed baseballs thinking that it was his.

i had told my son about meeting the old yankees captain in the late 70's; that he was a friend of my little league coach, and how he came to a couple of our team practices to teach us how to play. then he signed balls for each of us.

i can't believe my bro found it and sent my boy the ball! woohoo!

bt, one more happy memory to share with your son. How cool of your brother. :cool: What a nice family you come from. :angel:

I have just been doing some of my shoulder exercises and some ironing...gee I very much dislike ironing, have I ever mentioned that before :LOL:

I am going to have a nice hot coffee now and watch some Criminal Minds ;)

I've had to iron my own clothes since I was 14 YO (I foolishly asked my mom if I could try it since it looked so easy). For some time after I divorced I had to iron my dress shirts as I couldn't afford to send them out. I can still do a very good job ironing but I don't hate it any less.

Andy, that is great that you can iron your own shirts etc...there are many men out there who cant, so good on you!

As you said though, it doesn't make you hate it any less :ROFLMAO:

I think the fact that it is something that needs to be done every week too..not good!

Steve has 5 business shirts and pants that I need to iron every week as he works in an office as a Software Engineer...so there is lots of ironing already :rolleyes: but it must be done!

I know, I am weird. But I love to iron. I find it very relaxing. I have a professional iron that gives off steam. You really have to be careful to keep your free hand away from the front of the iron. The steam comes out in a big cloud and you can get a nasty burn. Experience speaking here.

When our kids were small and in school, I would bring all my ironing down to my sisters house, along with my iron. She had two ironing boards. We would spend the morning hours ironing. She hated it and would give me the hard stuff to do. Ruffles, bows, etc. on the girls clothing. But we had a lot of laughs. I would get home just in time for the kids coming home from school. When her husband came home that night, he would load up the car with all my ironing and bring it to me. It was all on hangers. Easy to put away. :)

I would iron five dress shirts in less than an hour (I was a slow ironer) but sometimes I skipped a week and had to do two weeks' shirts at once. Then I REALLY hated ironing. At least suits went to the dry cleaner.

I have just been doing some of my shoulder exercises and some ironing...gee I very much dislike ironing, have I ever mentioned that before :LOL:

I am going to have a nice hot coffee now and watch some Criminal Minds ;)
Have you thought about getting a steamer? You just hang the clothes on a hanger and steam them. I am seriously thinking of getting one. A friend of mine had one. She only had an iron because she did a lot of sewing and you need the iron to open/flatten seams. You also need one if you want to put creases in trousers or pleated skirts, etc.

I actually like ironing. I don't like having to set up the ironing board. :ermm:

Taxy, that sounds like a good idea :)

I will have a look into that as it certainly does sound easier and quicker, thank you :)

I am really getting into this cleaning mode. I just took all my silk lamp shades and put them in the shower and cleaned them. I took off all the table cloths on the small round tables and put them in the laundry to wash. :ermm:

We leave for the airport at 4:30 am, we just started packing, there is still laundry in the dryer.

Luckily we will be somewhere where we can easily pick up something if we forget it. I am usually so much more organized than this, and well my partner, isn't...

Wow, that should be a blast BC!

Do you know if there are loads of people going?

Hope you can still recognise some of them ;)

My DH just got done getting a bat out of our house. We also had one in here last summer. We still can't figure out how they get in. Thank goodness our grandson saw it come up from the cellar. I had to get DH out of bed to find it, while grandson and I stayed in the bedroom with the door shut. He found it in the bathroom and finally got it out the front door. It is going to be hard trying to get to sleep now, I am petrified of bats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom