"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #20891
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Never thought of that. If they see I am slow to do the dishes I may not get the best level of medical care...
Did you notice I messed up my last post..Wakey, wakeyyy.

And you know these days if anyone sees anything like a sink full of dishes,
your now considered a hoarder.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #20892
Master Chef

I'm trying to stay awake. Did't seem to have a problem at 6:38 AM. Or 7:38 AM. Or 8:38 AM... Woke up an hour apart until I gave up around 10:30 and said heck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
When I was a teenager I had a babysitting job for a nurse. I would get there early in the morning and there in the kitchen was all of their dirty dishes sitting on the table yet from the night before with a sink full of dirty pots and pans, which she expected me to clean up. To top it off her husband would be there in the middle room in bed. That job only lasted two days.
A long-ago boyfriend had to pick his parents up from the airport. He got me along the way (I lived between where he went to college and where his parents' home was) so we could do something after we deposited the folks at home. First, he had to stop at the house, so he told me to wait in the car until he "inspected". Came back out with a bit of steam coming out of the years because Mom and Dad had gone on their weekend trip and left all the dirty dishes on the table! Yuck. Guess this was a regular routine of theirs - he went in to make sure it wasn't bug-infested, I guess. I have no idea how he turned out to be such a neat-freak. Self-defense, I suppose.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #20893
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Never thought of that. If they see I am slow to do the dishes I may not get the best level of medical care...
Maybe it's because I live alone, I want to leave this world in as good a shape as I found it!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #20894
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm going for a bike ride on such a beautiful day.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #20895
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm organizing some gopro vids on my computer.

riding waves at the joisey shore a few weeks ago:
Attached Files
Um diddle diddle diddle um diddle ay
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #20896
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just got back from the pool. Got to share it with the home-schoolers and their kids, all the other kids are back in school.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #20897
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Maybe it's because I live alone, I want to leave this world in as good a shape as I found it!
Living alone I have no excuse for leaving except that if I am tired, I can't stand too long on my legs. So I leave them for later or the next day. I too use paper plates. Small ones, bowls and larger plates. It certainly cuts down on the mess. But I refuse to use plastic cutlery. Every so often my daughter will pick up a commercial size bunch of paper cups with the lids. Saves on the dirty cups. They last me forever. Five hundred is a lot of cups.

I can afford the expense of the paper products. A small luxury for myself. I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had done more housework."
Old 08-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #20898
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I live alone too, Bea. To me, that means I don't have to worry whether there are dishes to be washed.

It's more important to me to take care of my "bad" back. Sometimes, it takes me several tries to get a bunch of dishes done. If my back starts to hurt, I found that if I stop immediately and sit down for a few minutes, I don't end up with a lasting backache. In my case, I had to learn not to push myself, or I'd pay the price.

It took me awhile to get used to the idea, but now I have much less lasting back pain than I used to have.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:34 AM   #20899
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I just leave them for the Ogre, you should hear him roar if he thinks I am washing dishes. Gives him something to do.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #20900
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I just leave them for the Ogre, you should hear him roar if he thinks I am washing dishes. Gives him something to do.
Glad I'm not the only lucky lady around here PF. The first time I ever cooked for Steve he told me to go sit outside and relax while he cleaned up the kitchen. I did just that, and looked up and said said, thank you Lord.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote