"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #21121
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Glad to see you (almost) had fun at your exam! It isn't easy being comfortable when undergoing a procedure, no matter where on the body the doctor is poking around.

Telling funny stories makes it easier, doesn't it? I needed to have a small cyst removed from my scalp. My primary care doctor said he could do it in the office's small surgical room - it was used for just these types of procedures. I had gone to him for a few years, was comfortable with him (unlike your situation of meeting the doctor for the first time), and trusted him. Of course I was nervous, but he started to regale me with tales of his med school years. The best one was about a girl he was dating: she was painting her nails and asked him if she could paint his toenails! He had purple ones for a while.

OK, it sounds like we need to pray you through to your doctor's appointment next. I'll say a few for results in your favor.
Thanks so much! That's funny! But at least he could wear shoes and hide those purple toenails for a while!

It's funny how we deal with things like this with humor. To be honest, by now if I didn't have a sense of humor, I would be a terribly depressing person.

Remember, I'm the one with those terrorist kittens. They are still trying to kill us. If I say anything more about them, they'll find out and probably figure out how to unplug my computer and then they'll probably blow up the shed.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:45 AM   #21122
Chef Extraordinaire

I went to the foot doctor yesterday just to get my toenails clipped. Now I appreciate the service. It makes life a bit easier, as I don't have to stretch to reach my toes. But the lack of blood flow in both legs during my ulcer on one leg caused several toenails to fall off on both feet. They have since grown back, but at an extremely slow pace. It has been several month since he saw me last. There was nothing to clip. And I don't have any callouses on my feet. Mainly because I never go barefoot. He had a look of surprise on his face. I reminded him that it would be better for both of us if he left it up to me when I should come in. After all I see my feet every day. He agreed. I explained that I am aware of diabetic damage to the feet and I keep an eye out for any. So it has been decided I will be the one to make the next appointment, when I feel I need to come in for a checkup. Smart doctor. He listens to the patient.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:43 PM   #21123
Master Chef

Am boiling some eggs and potatoes to make potato salad tomorrow. Will have hot dogs wrapped in bacon and some baked beans too.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:55 PM   #21124
Certified Pretend Chef

Prepping to defrost the freezer in the basement tomorrow. It's not stuffed full and it's past time. Between coolers, ice packs, and the new fridge and its freezer, I should be all set for the stuff that's in the freezer.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #21125
Head Chef

What I'm doing right now is feeling stupid. I printed out Princess Fiona's great recipe for lemon curd, zested the lemons, squeezed out the juice, measured it & transferred it to a cup, then proceeded to clear up the work area and absently poured the juice down the drain. 'Taint funny, McGee.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #21126
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
What I'm doing right now is feeling stupid. I printed out Princess Fiona's great recipe for lemon curd, zested the lemons, squeezed out the juice, measured it & transferred it to a cup, then proceeded to clear up the work area and absently poured the juice down the drain. 'Taint funny, McGee.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #21127
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Lizzie, it happens to the best of us. I was cleaning out the fridge the other day and pulled out two fresh corn cobs for our dinner. I got everything bad out to the compost and came back looking for my corn.....

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #21128
Master Chef

Quote:
Been there. (But not lemon juice) Done that. Welcome to the club!

At least you can console yourself with the fact that you didn't try to make a pizza in a microwave on the rack. (That was a good one Andy)
Old 09-11-2014, 05:25 PM   #21129
Executive Chef

Ahhhh!

Wandering round the internet looking for something I came across this

You HAVE to See This Kitten Making Friends With a Horse! | Pet Food Direct.com: The Blog

Not as surprising as you'd think. When I was young I used to know a horse who had his own cat which lived in his stable. They went everywhere together even to the point that if the horse had to travel he wouldn't go onto the horse box unless the cat went first. The cat even used to come on rides with us
Old 09-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #21130
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just finished up a little project using some of my less than beautiful canning jar rings. After all the canning was done, I went through all the supplies and separated the less-than-nice rings from the ones I'd feel okay using. Had more than I'd expected, but they didn't get thrown out. After a little spray paint, some string and some autumn picks, they became this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	21846   Click image for larger version

Name:	003 - Copy.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	21847