"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #21171
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Plain Greek yogurt with honey and nuts or granola is my go-to work day breakfast, that and a cup of coffee. Their Greek yogurt is $6.99 for two 32oz tubs! My store is $4.99 for store brand for one tub, and Aldi is $3.89 for one tub, so this is an even better deal than what I've been getting at Aldi.
I know and I like the Kirkland better than Greek Gods or Zoi, which to me are grainy instead of smooth. $6.99 for two weeks worth of breakfasts is my kind of deal.

I like to stir in key lime juice and a little honey, top with crushed pistachios.

Makes for a great breakfast or dessert.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #21172
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I know and I like the Kirkland better than Greek Gods or Zoi, which to me are grainy instead of smooth. $6.99 for two weeks worth of breakfasts is my kind of deal.

I like to stir in key lime juice and a little honey, top with crushed pistachios.

Makes for a great breakfast or dessert.
Need to add key lime juice to the shopping list now!

Glad to know that it is really good, our store brand and Aldi stack up to say Chobani, but not Fage, but they'll do for the price.
__________________

__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #21173
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm about to head out to do some grocery shopping. We're almost out of coffee.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #21174
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Need to add key lime juice to the shopping list now!

Glad to know that it is really good, our store brand and Aldi stack up to say Chobani, but not Fage, but they'll do for the price.
I never liked yogurt until I started playing with the plain and adding my own flavorings.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #21175
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I never liked yogurt until I started playing with the plain and adding my own flavorings.

"Add your own stuff" yogurt is so much better than store-bought flavored.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #21176
Executive Chef
 
Mad Cook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North West England
Posts: 4,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The Pirate just called me. He has a new job as Fleet Manager for a limo company. Since he does a lot of running around for the company, they are going to give him a Lincoln Town Car for his personal use. It is a car that has more than 300,000 miles on it and needs to be retired. They just bought a brand new one to replace it. They told him to take it to the Lincoln dealership and have it given a complete workup first.
It must be a good car to still be running well after 300,000 miles. Am I right in thinking Lincolns are quite "up-market"? If it is it'll probably be going long after The Pirate has retired! The estate agent who had the offices next to my dad's shop had a Rolls Royce which he bought with an inheritance when he came out of the army in 1946. He died in 2005 and had only given up driving the Rolls a year or so before that!
__________________
Donít look for the light at the end of the tunnel. Stomp along and switch the bl**dy thing on yourself.
Mad Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #21177
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I hope they are paying for the gas.
Yeah, they are. They have a pump right on the property.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #21178
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
It must be a good car to still be running well after 300,000 miles. Am I right in thinking Lincolns are quite "up-market"? If it is it'll probably be going long after The Pirate has retired! The estate agent who had the offices next to my dad's shop had a Rolls Royce which he bought with an inheritance when he came out of the army in 1946. He died in 2005 and had only given up driving the Rolls a year or so before that!
Yes it's considered a luxury car. It shares the same platform and many components as the Ford Crown Victoria that was the favorite of taxi companies and the police for a long time, they are very durable vehicles! They have a big V8 engine that's rock solid as well.
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #21179
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
It must be a good car to still be running well after 300,000 miles. Am I right in thinking Lincolns are quite "up-market"? If it is it'll probably be going long after The Pirate has retired! The estate agent who had the offices next to my dad's shop had a Rolls Royce which he bought with an inheritance when he came out of the army in 1946. He died in 2005 and had only given up driving the Rolls a year or so before that!
Yes it is. A Lincoln Town Car is probably just below a Cadillac. Hey guys, I am not a driver. Help me out here. Where does the LTC stand? Although cars in a fleet of limo driving get hard use, this company sends their cars for regular maintenance and upkeep. Every week one or more cars come off the line and go into the shop. This company does have one RR. It is used only for regular CEO customers.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #21180
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Yes it's considered a luxury car. It shares the same platform and many components as the Ford Crown Victoria that was the favorite of taxi companies and the police for a long time, they are very durable vehicles! They have a big V8 engine that's rock solid as well.
Thanks BC. I don't know anything about cars. Only that I am partial to blue ones and love the Miata convertible or the Ford Mustang convertible in bright red. (Memories of riding down the Las Vegas strip!)
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.