"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-17-2014, 07:14 AM   #21241
Chef Extraordinaire

I got up at 5:45 a.m. in order to wake up The Pirate for work. It took me almost ten minutes to sit up and then standing was pure torture. The sciatica pain is back with a vengeance. Bad enough that I may have to go in for a cortisone shot in my hip. The last time I had it this bad was when I was in Hawaii and Poo was five years old. Since I don't have a walker in the house, I am using the computer chair to lean on to get around my apartment.

Well there goes my plans for today for making shrimp salad in a toasted hot dog bun.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:31 AM   #21242
Chef Extraordinaire

I just found this delightful site.

https://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/index.html

Old 09-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #21243
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Bummer Addie. I hope you feel better soon. (((Gentle hugs))).
Old 09-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #21244
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Bummer Addie. I hope you feel better soon. (((Gentle hugs))).
Thank you. Oddly enough sitting here on the stool at the computer leaves me feeling no pain. And I can roll myself right into the bathroom or kitchen for a cup of coffee. But oooh! When I go to stand up......
Old 09-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #21245
Certified Pretend Chef

Headed out yesterday afternoon to go to my sister's for dinner. My car's battery was dead. Realized I had left the interior light on since Sunday. Fortunately, I could use SO's car.

This morning I jump-started my car and took it for an hour-long drive to recharge the battery.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #21246
Chef Extraordinaire

DH was driving my Ford Escape Hybrid to Richmond (about two hours away) for a work seminar and the engine suddenly cut off. He was able to get it to a dealership close to home by taking the surface roads - it only happened at higher speeds - and I picked him up from there. This seems to be a known issue - something about an electronic component overheating. Hopefully fixing it won't cost too much. I think it's nine years old now or so.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #21247
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
DH was driving my Ford Escape Hybrid to Richmond (about two hours away) for a work seminar and the engine suddenly cut off. He was able to get it to a dealership close to home by taking the surface roads - it only happened at higher speeds - and I picked him up from there. This seems to be a known issue - something about an electronic component overheating. Hopefully fixing it won't cost too much. I think it's nine years old now or so.
If it's a known problem, shouldn't Ford pay for the repair? I think it's time for you to hit a Ford Escape forum and see what other owners have experienced.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #21248
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Headed out yesterday afternoon to go to my sister's for dinner. My car's battery was dead. Realized I had left the interior light on since Sunday. Fortunately, I could use SO's car.

This morning I jump-started my car and took it for an hour-long drive to recharge the battery.
Andy and CG, thought I would let you know that in Sunday's MB flyer, bacon is on sale for $2.49 a pound. Spike let me know that next week's flyer is up. I am off to take a look.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #21249
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
If it's a known problem, shouldn't Ford pay for the repair? I think it's time for you to hit a Ford Escape forum and see what other owners have experienced.
According to a website DH found, it is a known problem. He's pretty good at demanding what's rightfully ours, so we'll see what happens
Old 09-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #21250
Chef Extraordinaire

Good news. DH just called and the part that overheated and caused the engine to shut off was the subject of a recall, so the repair will be free. Whew. Going outside now to plant some herbs and Johnny Jump-Ups.