"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-19-2014, 01:40 AM   #21281
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Not just dust, but dust bunnies, Couldn't see them until I got up close, they were near the ceiling, I really need to clean it more often, LOL
Or get a big pair of glasses!

Old 09-19-2014, 05:13 AM   #21282
Head Chef

I wonder if others here are like myself in dust tolerance levels. I can tolerate a modicum of dust, i.e. some but not excessive. So, when I have people coming round, I realise they may not share this and I diligently set to cleaning everything until it's all shiny again....can take quite a while!

Old 09-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #21283
Chef Extraordinaire

I, and more and more of the people I know, can tolerate a fair amount of dust As long as the kitchen and bathrooms are pretty clean, I'm happy.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:31 AM   #21284
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
I wonder if others here are like myself in dust tolerance levels. I can tolerate a modicum of dust, i.e. some but not excessive. So, when I have people coming round, I realise they may not share this and I diligently set to cleaning everything until it's all shiny again....can take quite a while!
When I was working and didn't have time to clean I worked on the principle that if I dusted up to eye level and then sprayed furniture polish in the air just before the visitors were due to arrive the'd never know.

Then I got a cleaning lady. Bliss. She had a key so I came home once a week to a sparkling house and a pile of neatly ironed clothes. However, when it came out in conversation that I had a cleaning lady one of my colleagues professed to be shocked that I was exploiting a servant ! Nonsense. She needed the work and she was very good at it. I needed help and paid her the going rate per hour (which was quite a bit more than the government minimum wage) so what was the problem?
Old 09-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #21285
Executive Chef

PF, I have not had the test for the past 2 years. I get a little bit nervous thinking that since it found a problem once I might get that same problem again, but I have learned to pray a lot. LOL
Old 09-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #21286
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
PF, I have not had the test for the past 2 years. I get a little bit nervous thinking that since it found a problem once I might get that same problem again, but I have learned to pray a lot. LOL
Inconclusive Paps are not going to find any problems, there must be something else they can check. You are seeing a Gyn, correct? A visual check is as good as a Pap if you are seeing the same Doc each year.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #21287
Executive Chef

Well, no, I haven't been there in 2 years. I can't say I will never go back. At one time she wanted to do a procedure in the hospital where she said she would have access to different instruments and could do something that would make it that the scar tissue would never be a problem again, but right after that I had a stent procedure and the cardiologist put me on a blood thinner so she couldn't do it. If I go back I could probably get it done now because I am no longer on the blood thinner. I have so many doctors they have to get in line and take a number in order to perform all the procedures I need done. LOL
Old 09-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #21288
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Well, no, I haven't been there in 2 years. I can't say I will never go back. At one time she wanted to do a procedure in the hospital where she said she would have access to different instruments and could do something that would make it that the scar tissue would never be a problem again, but right after that I had a stent procedure and the cardiologist put me on a blood thinner so she couldn't do it. If I go back I could probably get it done now because I am no longer on the blood thinner. I have so many doctors they have to get in line and take a number in order to perform all the procedures I need done. LOL
I would definitely go that route if I still had to worry about cervical cancer.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #21289
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
When I was working and didn't have time to clean I worked on the principle that if I dusted up to eye level and then sprayed furniture polish in the air just before the visitors were due to arrive the'd never know.

Then I got a cleaning lady. Bliss. She had a key so I came home once a week to a sparkling house and a pile of neatly ironed clothes. However, when it came out in conversation that I had a cleaning lady one of my colleagues professed to be shocked that I was exploiting a servant ! Nonsense. She needed the work and she was very good at it. I needed help and paid her the going rate per hour (which was quite a bit more than the government minimum wage) so what was the problem?
That does seem outdated thinking.

I know of people that clean up before the cleaning lady gets there!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #21290
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
That does seem outdated thinking.

I know of people that clean up before the cleaning lady gets there!
When I had a cleaning lady, I tidied up before she came but didn't clean. I wanted her to spend her time actually cleaning and not picking up things, cleaning, and putting them back.