"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #21401
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You can sign up at MedScape.com and take all the quizzes you like

Oh goodie! I love taking quizzes....not so when I was in school!

Old 10-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #21402
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
For the first time in many years, we have a whole bunch of kids now living in our subdivision. So I'm thinking of some good Halloween stuff, beyond the usual severed heads and limbs.

Well, I'm excited!

Home Depot has a great moving Witch. I would love to have it, but can't justify spending that much money for one day. Also, now that all the families have grown up, we are all senior citizens and only get about 10 kids.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #21403
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
SO is home after 3.5 weeks away. I'm just enjoying having her home.

It's great to hear you say that. I hope you told/showed her how much you're enjoying having her home.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #21404
Chef Extraordinaire

I just ran out to the store to get some more soda for The Pirate. I don't want him to become dehydrated. It wasn't raining when I went out the door. It was pouring when I came out of the store. And of course I kept banging my finger. Being diabetic, that finger is taking its sweet time healing. Even with the sulfadiazine. That is an ointment that promotes tissue growth.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #21405
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Like. That's sweet, Andy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So much for the joys of bachelorhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
absence makes the heart grow stronger, huh andy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
It's great to hear you say that. I hope you told/showed her how much you're enjoying having her home.

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I missed her and she knows I'm happy to see her.

It's not like the "Old Days". Except for her cruise, she was in FL so we talked several times a day.

Addie, I was a born again bachelor for 10 years before I met her. I've had enough of that. I did enjoy cooking some of the dishes that are taboo for her. Sadly I didn't get to them all.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #21406
Master Chef

Just got back from Kohls with grandson. He needed new shoes for this school year. We had to get them in the mens shoe department, because the boys only go up to a 7 and he needed an 8. Of course they cost more but we sure got a good deal. They are regular $70 on sale for $39 and I had a coupon so, with the tax they were $29.95. On the way home he kept saying, I really appreciate what you do for me.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #21407
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Just got back from Kohls with grandson. He needed new shoes for this school year. We had to get them in the mens shoe department, because the boys only go up to a 7 and he needed an 8. Of course they cost more but we sure got a good deal. They are regular $70 on sale for $39 and I had a coupon so, with the tax they were $29.95. On the way home he kept saying, I really appreciate what you do for me.
Every kid needs an adult in his or her corner.

Sound like you two are very lucky to have each other!
Old 10-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #21408
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Went to Costco, I got my coupons for freebies in the mail from the Living Social Costco deal. Got my free pie (darn that thing is HUGE), rotisserie chicken and big 30 count toilet paper. They had gas for $3.09 a gallon, that's a really good price around here, I haven't seen gas that price in a long while! They also have an awesome deal on LED light bulbs, subsidized by our power company, they average about $2 per bulb, I buy some every time we go in.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #21409
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Went to Costco, I got my coupons for freebies in the mail from the Living Social Costco deal. Got my free pie (darn that thing is HUGE), rotisserie chicken and big 30 count toilet paper. They had gas for $3.09 a gallon, that's a really good price around here, I haven't seen gas that price in a long while! They also have an awesome deal on LED light bulbs, subsidized by our power company, they average about $2 per bulb, I buy some every time we go in.
A pumpkin pie? I got my first of the season the other day.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #21410
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post

Well, you dirty rat, you. The Living Social Costco deal is only available to new members! And it expired on Sept. 15!

No, I'm not bitter...