"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #21591
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Same with my Doctor. I also have a code that allows me to access my charts, records, test results, etc... from my home computer.

We have that too. Log onto a medical website and all your test results etc. are there.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #21592
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I was in an outpatient clinic for medical treatment today. Here is what a medical "chart" looks like here. If you don't have a hospital login and password, you can't read it.
Even the little country hospital that my dad was in up in Maine has those rolling computers, I haven't seen paper ones in quite a while.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:04 AM   #21593
Chef Extraordinaire

besides protecting the rights of the patients, hospitals don't want anyone getting too much info about their testing and treatments for whatever is afflicting the patient because of malpractice suits.

i remember that i wanted to videotape the birth of my son, but that is a big no no in case something gpes wrong.

but the same applies even for charts. no pics, no video of any treatment or operation. unless authorized.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #21594
Executive Chef

Until the law was changed some years ago Doctors over here were not allowed to show the patients his/her own documents. I suspect that the change came about when records went onto computer. On one of my very rare visits to my doctor around that time he showed me my (very thin) manila document case with everything going back to birth. He also used to show me the computer screen he was working from when I attended after that.

There are sometimes malpractice suits here but not as many as in the USA. Doctors do have insurance but I think most cases are handled by the NHS which is the Doc's employer unless he's in private practice in which case he's on his own.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #21595
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
besides protecting the rights of the patients, hospitals don't want anyone getting too much info about their testing and treatments for whatever is afflicting the patient because of malpractice suits.

i remember that i wanted to videotape the birth of my son, but that is a big no no in case something gpes wrong.

but the same applies even for charts. no pics, no video of any treatment or operation. unless authorized.
Unfortunately, a picture worth a thousand words can also be worth a thousand lies.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #21596
Master Chef

Just got done hanging out the sheets to dry. It's a bit foggy yet but hopefully the sun will come out later this morning. It reminds me of when I lived at home and helped my mother on wash day (every Monday). We had a wringer type washer and no dryer. She never did have a one and never wanted one.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #21597
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Feeling a bit in a slump because we just finished the last of the tasks that spell the end of summer. Glenn and I finally cleaned, treated and covered the pool for the season this morning. Boo, hiss! So sad! That was the last of the outdoor "putting away" for our summer.

On Monday I washed, dried and stored away the last of our 6 hummingbird feeders. Our little trusty scout left, probably, over the weekend so it was time to close down the food bar. He'll be back on tax day like he always is.

I can't be too blue because today is a blissfully beautiful day. Sunny, warm and gloriously clear. Almost a crisp autumn day....
Old 10-17-2014, 12:51 AM   #21598
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Unfortunately, a picture worth a thousand words can also be worth a thousand lies.

and the lawyers get rich.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:07 AM   #21599
Certified Cake Maniac

I am (figuratively) tearing my hair out trying to put together a website for my crochet items. I was a web developer/designer for over 10 years, taught it to others AND had some high-end clients with sophisticated sites. TB and his partners programmed data-base sites while I did the design and graphics.

So, why am I having so much trouble with this little site? Because it is one of these drop and drag template sites that are supposed to be user friendly and no experience needed.

It is sort of like watching a four year-old open a child top cap you have been struggling with for several minutes.

I think I am going to scrap the template and start from scratch. I will still use some of their elements, but the things I don't want won't get in the way.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #21600
Master Chef

Sitting here at the computer and watching a woodpecker feeding from a tree in our back yard. Looks like he or she is getting quite a meal.