"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #21611
Chef Extraordinaire

I just picked today's harvest from the garden. We'll be having the green beans tonight and processing tomatoes and tomatillos for the freezer for winter meals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1413665295739.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	22044  

Old 10-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #21612
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
snipped ...
Mammogram on Wednesday...
Had mine done this past Thursday, they want me come back again in April and they will try a new tool they have available, 3D Imaging... they said that the insurance will pay for all but a small premium cost out of pocket, YAY!

... but I digress, I just finished cleaning up after making and putting up Chunky Apple Sauce for my mom. I've got quite the stash of goodies now in the sideboard for her that we'll take out to her at Christmas.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #21613
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I enjoy getting my Mammogram, so much so I plan it on my Birthday each year. Best thing I have ever bought for myself and it saved my life.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #21614
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I enjoy getting my Mammogram, so much so I plan it on my Birthday each year. Best thing I have ever bought for myself and it saved my life.
I'm glad it worked for you. Shortly after I met SO 15 years ago, her mamo found a problem. Fortunately, it was a relatively simple fix.

As unpleasant as the process is, it's an important one.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #21615
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

A Mammogram saved my Mom, too. I encourage them.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:15 PM   #21616
Master Chef

I hope you enjoy your time off from work, princess.

GG, what a lovely garden bounty!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #21617
Chef Extraordinaire

I have psoriasis. Have had it for more than 50 years. You get used to it. Learn to live with it and around it. The bad part is you can never know when a flare-up will occur. But the good part is you never know when a remission is in the making. I have seen a lot more fortunate than a lot of patients with it are. I have seen patients with it on their face, arms, neck, and legs. I have never had it in an area that is visible. For the past few years I have had it on part of my backside. Rather embarrassing when I get an itch. I have had it in the past on my elbows. A long sleeve blouse covers it up very nicely. But this past week I have been going into total remission. How long will it last? I have no idea. But I am grateful for any little bit of remission. Makes life a lot easier.

The funny part is that as a rule, as the weather gets colder, the flare-ups occur more. The sunlight is the best thing for it. Hard to get sunlight when you are bundled up to your ears.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #21618
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We just got home from our eldest niece's second wedding. It was quite the adventure. First, when the plane was landing in Philly, we were given a lesson on grabbing our knees and bracing our heads, as "something" went wrong. We were all a jolly bunch, and laughed and giggled while we complied. DH and I talked to the flight attendent as we exited the plane, thinking we were part of a drill. Nope, it was an actual landing gear emergency. Then, rather than waiting for DH's brother's plane to arrive 3 hours later and drive us to the hotel, I hired a taxi. On one of the busiest highways in the US, 95, during rush hour, the taxi died five times. The driver had to try to restart it. Took at least three key turns each time. We made it though, and nobody croaked. Taxi driver did give us each a bottle of water and peanut butter crackers. I need to revisit Lady Clairol.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 AM   #21619
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We just got home from our eldest niece's second wedding. It was quite the adventure. First, when the plane was landing in Philly, we were given a lesson on grabbing our knees and bracing our heads, as "something" went wrong. We were all a jolly bunch, and laughed and giggled while we complied. DH and I talked to the flight attendent as we exited the plane, thinking we were part of a drill. Nope, it was an actual landing gear emergency. Then, rather than waiting for DH's brother's plane to arrive 3 hours later and drive us to the hotel, I hired a taxi. On one of the busiest highways in the US, 95, during rush hour, the taxi died five times. The driver had to try to restart it. Took at least three key turns each time. We made it though, and nobody croaked. Taxi driver did give us each a bottle of water and peanut butter crackers. I need to revisit Lady Clairol.
Was the meter running while he kept trying to start the cab?
Old 10-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #21620
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Was the meter running while he kept trying to start the cab?

I have no idea. To borrow a quote from PF, "Bring me my brown pants."

He actually came in under his original quote. I showed him the hotel address before we got in, and he looked it up on his GPS.