"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-20-2014, 12:20 AM   #21621
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I have no idea. To borrow a quote from PF, "Bring me my brown pants."

He actually came in under his original quote. I showed him the hotel address before we got in, and he looked it up on his GPS.

ROFL!!!

Old 10-20-2014, 02:23 AM   #21622
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
... Then, rather than waiting for DH's brother's plane to arrive 3 hours later and drive us to the hotel, I hired a taxi. On one of the busiest highways in the US, 95, during rush hour, the taxi died five times. The driver had to try to restart it. Took at least three key turns each time. We made it though, and nobody croaked. Taxi driver did give us each a bottle of water and peanut butter crackers. I need to revisit Lady Clairol.
Wow. I would have asked for a discount! Word of advice: if Eldest Niece gets married a third time, just send a gift.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #21623
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Wow. I would have asked for a discount! Word of advice: if Eldest Niece gets married a third time, just send a gift.

I agree! Now I'm down to two unmarried nieces, one is with a guy who's still married, and the other one is in first grade, so hopefully it will be awhile.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #21624
Chef Extraordinaire

my eldest sister is starting to freak out as her grandma clock is ticking.

she has 3 kids, and none of them have ever even been close to marriage as the youngest just turned 30. he just became a cop in maryland (prince george county?), so hopefully the uniform will work.

but what am i doing? dying on my couch. i haven't been this si k in years.

not looking for sympaty; just more mucinex and advil.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #21625
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post

she has 3 kids, and none of them have ever even been close to marriage as the youngest just turned 30. he just became a cop in maryland (prince george county?), so hopefully the uniform will work.

not looking for sympaty; just more mucinex and Advil.
Even if you don't want it, you have mine. I spent the whole month of June inside my apartment so I wouldn't spread my miserable cold to others. So I understand.

My daughter and her husband feel the same way. Her son is engaged, but no wedding date set. And they both want no kids. Her daughter, has no interest in marriage at all. And certainly not in having kids. They will have to settle for nieces and nephews.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #21626
Master Chef

Quote:

not looking for sympaty; just more mucinex and advil.
1) Our two will be 34 in December. Neither looks like marriage or babies is on the horizon. And I'm OK with that. If I were in their place right now I'm not sure I would want to have kids with the state of things the way they are. Good thing my post-WWII parents didn't feel that way!

2) You're such a snot. Seriously though, hope you feel all better soon.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #21627
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
1) Our two will be 34 in December. Neither looks like marriage or babies is on the horizon. And I'm OK with that. If I were in their place right now I'm not sure I would want to have kids with the state of things the way they are. Good thing my post-WWII parents didn't feel that way!

2) You're such a snot. Seriously though, hope you feel all better soon.
I hear that more and more nowadays. Today's young people cannot afford to get married, go to college, buy a home, etc. Unfortunately it is so true.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:44 AM   #21628
Chef Extraordinaire

but they have more and careless, or should i say cavalier, sex with no strings attached.

go figure.

but when you do have a kid, you realize what it's for and want to practice all the time to get it right with your wife or hubby.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 AM   #21629
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
but they have more and careless, or should i say cavalier, sex with no strings attached.

go figure.

but when you do have a kid, you realize what it's for and want to practice all the time to get it right with your wife or hubby.

I know I am an old lady, but this "cavalier" sex attitude baffles me. It screams lack of self respect. I know I don't want just anyone handling my fine china. And I think I am worth more than china and certainly more precious. Then when I come across a girl that is expecting and doesn't know or is sure who the father is, well ..... I just stand there in disbelief. I will never understand this world I find myself living in. Everything I was taught that is morally wrong, is the right thing to do now.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 AM   #21630
Chef Extraordinaire

in my younger, more evil, misspent youth (of which i'm still trying to make up for), i would look for a girl with daddy issues that smoked.

and of course with nice tea cups and good, round saucers...