"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-06-2014, 01:10 AM   #21741
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Oh, I get it now, I hadn't gotten the in law connection. But thanks for the old codger comment. Now I'm feeling elderly.

I'm off to try to sleep. Later girlfriend! XOXOX
Gah! In no way was I implying you're an old codger!

Old 11-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #21742
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Well let's see: if I was living out of a suitcase, I'd be a bit under-clothed. I don't have much of a wardrobe. I have set aside the short-sleeved tops since it's chilly up here but in the upper 70's-low 80's in FL. I'll be doing a massive laundry event on Saturday (air-dried) and Sunday (everything else), then wearing the stuff I won't been seen in public with on Monday. Bonus: the time-share has a washer and dryer. Just in case...
I tend to start packing a week before we make a planned trip...and it takes two weeks to unpack once back.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:44 AM   #21743
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I tend to start packing a week before we make a planned trip...and it takes two weeks to unpack once back.
The first thing I put in the suitcase is a lightweight nylon gym bag that folds flat.

I always seem to come home with twice as much stuff as I start with!
Old 11-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #21744
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Gah! In no way was I implying you're an old codger!
That's okay sweetie, I got a good chuckle out of it! Besides, you'll be an old codger too someday!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #21745
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
No seat, the shower's too small. I figure I'll just put a stepstool in there when there's a need. We did forgo the roll bar, but they're putting in the backup structure for attaching one in the future.
Amazon.com: ROUND STOOL Bath Bench Adjustable Height, Lightweight Shower Bench with Non-slip Seat, White: Health & Personal Care

Fits in a shower perfectly and is adjustable. Perfect. I had one and like an idiot gave it away. Even fits in a tub. I had Spike put a grab bar just outside the tub/shower so I could hold on instead of standing on one foot while stepping outside. Much safer and I feel more secure.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #21746
Master Chef

I never pack anything until the day before we leave..even on a very long trip. If I do, I always forget what I've already packed. All my underwear is stuffed into a zipper net laundry bag, as I hate digging through a stuffed suitcase for those kinds of things.

I like that shower stool Addie. I have a corner seat in my shower, but my big rear doesn't fit. That stool is small, but has "hangover" room.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #21747
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I never pack anything until the day before we leave..even on a very long trip. If I do, I always forget what I've already packed. All my underwear is stuffed into a net laundry bag, as I hate digging through a stuffed suitcase for those kinds of things.

I like that shower stool Addie. I have a corner seat in my shower, but my big rear doesn't fit. That stool is small, but has "hangover" room.
I kick myself every time I go into the shower. Now if my hip starts to hurt, I just sit on the edge of the tub. Winthrop gave me a wide seat with a back. Way to big for the tub. What were they thinking? They didn't even measured the width of the tub before they sent it to me. I tossed out the back and now let the large packages of toilet paper sit on it. May as well get some use out of it.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #21748
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I like that stool too, Addie. So far we don't need one, but we'll definitely keep it in mind, especially if DH's parents visit.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #21749
Master Chef

Quote:
I like that stool too, Addie. So far we don't need one, but we'll definitely keep it in mind, especially if DH's parents visit.
I don't really need one either Dawg but stuff happens when you least expect it. A year ago when I broke my foot, I sure wished I had one. The metal step stool in the shower was interesting.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #21750
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I don't really need one either Dawg but stuff happens when you least expect it. A year ago when I broke my foot, I sure wished I had one. The metal step stool in the shower was interesting.

True. I've had a broken foot/ankle and probably could have used one.