"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #21771
Head Chef

Thanks, Dawg & Katie, for the encouragement.

And I second all the nice things the others said about your creation.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #21772
Chef Extraordinaire

Katie, I love the pin cushion, too. And so will your friend.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #21773
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Katie, I love that pincushion! You could probably sell them at a gift shop.

It's halftime in the Buckeyes/Spartans game. Our Bucks are up by seven! Sure hope OSU wins. See you later when the game is over.
So how did the game go? The Pirate went to New York/New Jersey to see some college game. There were about 50 men. It was a Men's Only" weekend. The whole trip cost each one just $300.00 free meals and tickets to the game included. Not a bad deal. He should be back In Mass. by tonight.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:54 AM   #21774
Master Chef

Addie, it's been a great football weekend at Chez Goddess! Our OSU Buckeyes won 49-37. Then, to put the icing on the cake, the lowly New York Jets beat the Browns arch-rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers! For the first time in something like two decades, the Browns are leading their division. So THIS is what it's like to be a Patriot's fan? I'm not used to my football team winning. I sure wish pac was coming around though. We could celebrate together! Miss the guy...
Old 11-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #21775
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
...So THIS is what it's like to be a Patriot's fan?...
No, this is not what it's like. You have to actually win something like one, two or three Super Bowls.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #21776
Head Chef

Lightbulb

What am I doing?.....communicating in a spiritual chat room - it's how I spend a lot of my time!
Old 11-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #21777
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Addie, it's been a great football weekend at Chez Goddess! Our OSU Buckeyes won 49-37. Then, to put the icing on the cake, the lowly New York Jets beat the Browns arch-rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers! For the first time in something like two decades, the Browns are leading their division. So THIS is what it's like to be a Patriot's fan? I'm not used to my football team winning. I sure wish pac was coming around though. We could celebrate together! Miss the guy...
Well you are a true football fan. You are there win or lose. But it is so sweet when you have the #1 team in your town and they win almost every game.

Boston is one of the few cities that have hockey, football, basketball, baseball and soccer championship teams. And it isn't even just Boston that supports these teams. These teams belong to New England. Fans from the most northern part of Maine come down at least once a year to see a game in person. They gather a bunch of friends and they make it a whole day trip and come down on a bus. Over and over again you will hear players state that the fans in Boston are like no other city. Just look at the stands. There are no empty seats. We sure do love our teams!
Old 11-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #21778
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
No, this is not what it's like. You have to actually win something like one, two or three Super Bowls.
Baby steps Andy. Baby steps. I just keep reminding myself that the New England teams pretty much stank before we moved here in 2000. Since then, you guys have been collecting trophies left and right. We move here=Your teams win. Coincidence? Hmm...maybe, maybe not.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #21779
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Baby steps Andy. Baby steps. I just keep reminding myself that the New England teams pretty much stank before we moved here in 2000. Since then, you guys have been collecting trophies left and right. We move here=Your teams win. Coincidence? Hmm...maybe, maybe not.
Maybe you could hang around for a while longer...

The Golden Age of Boston Sports is, without a doubt, the period from the turn of the millenium to now. It's never been this great for all the major sports at the same time before now.

Looks like the Browns could make the playoffs this season. Maybe they'll play the Patriots in the AFC championship game.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #21780
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

It's been a busy day for me. First, the doctor for my annual review and getting my prescriptions renewed for the next six months. Blood tests to see how some of the meds have been working.

Then, it was off to Walmart to pickup new prescriptions and some printer ink I was completely out of.

I made it home with cab fare, a few groceries, and 98 left in the bank!

I'm taking it easy and having some dinner.

The 98 isn't a problem. I have books on order and some new reading glasses. Other than that, I have everything else I need. If not, I'll make do.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote