"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #2171
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I'm rounding up the laundry and preparing for a trip to the basement as soon as I finish this cup of coffee!
At 2 in the morning!?

Ain't it great having your own washer and dryer and not having to go to the laundromat at normal hours?

Old 03-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #2172
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
At 2 in the morning!?

Ain't it great having your own washer and dryer and not having to go to the laundromat at normal hours?
I live in an apartment complex. It is 39 steps/stairs to the basement so it is kind of like the old commercial about "time to add the fabric softener"! I miss my washer and dryer!

Old 03-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #2173
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I live in an apartment complex. It is 39 steps/stairs to the basement so it is kind of like the old commercial about "time to add the fabric softener"! I miss my washer and dryer!
And you are allowed to use the washer and dryer at night? When I lived in apartment buildings with laundry rooms, no laundry after 10 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #2174
Senior Cook

Just got back from the supermarket with the weekly shop and enjoying a glass of cold chablis and some cheese and biscuits................how civilized
Old 03-10-2012, 04:26 AM   #2175
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonny_uk View Post
Just got back from the supermarket with the weekly shop and enjoying a glass of cold chablis and some cheese and biscuits................how civilized
Sounds good! I would prefer a cold glass of chardonnay, though.. or zinfandel

I fell asleep after making dinner. I guess I was pooped. I'm awake now. The cat is in one of her "moods." So, I doubt I will get back to sleep.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #2176
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
Sounds good! I would prefer a cold glass of chardonnay, though.. or zinfandel
You mean I have to stop at one bottle?
Old 03-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #2177
Chef Extraordinaire

Well I cleaned up the kitchen, took a couple of pain pills. My hip and spine were really hurting from standing so long. Looked at the clock. It was time for the 11 o'clock news. I just woke up and it is 4:30 a.m. What happened? What was on the news? And they want to know why I don't take my pain meds on a regular schedule. I prefer a PRN schedule. As often as necessary. I get a 10 day supply each time. It usually lasts me for 15 to 20 days before I need a refill. So I am up until at least 10 a.m.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #2178
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonny_uk View Post
You mean I have to stop at one bottle?
Well, I guess that depends on what you're doing this weekend. If you don't stop at one bottle, that might influence things. I'm kidding. The way you cook and since it's the weekend, enjoy yourself.

I don't care for chablis... it's too dry for me. I don't drink wine that much. When I'm out for dinner is about the only time I have it. I don't have any here at home. When I was a lot younger, I loved to have a glass of wine at home. Usually, it's an occasional drink or a beer
Old 03-10-2012, 04:51 AM   #2179
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well I cleaned up the kitchen, took a couple of pain pills. My hip and spine were really hurting from standing so long. Looked at the clock. It was time for the 11 o'clock news. I just woke up and it is 4:30 a.m. What happened? What was on the news? And they want to know why I don't take my pain meds on a regular schedule. I prefer a PRN schedule. As often as necessary. I get a 10 day supply each time. It usually lasts me for 15 to 20 days before I need a refill. So I am up until at least 10 a.m.
I sure hope you feel better, Addie. I can't take pain meds. With medical issues from a couple of years ago, I tried. They make me sick to my stomach.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #2180
Senior Cook

Quote:
Well, I guess that depends on what you're doing this weekend. If you don't stop at one bottle, that might influence things.
I just feel like having a lazy day VB because here in Russia the last two days have been a holiday and I did so much around the house because normally would not get chance so now it's the first day of the weekend I just want to relax when I would normally be running around like a headless chicken trying to cram everything into two days. I'm not big on drinking at home and usually only do it when friends are here or special occasions such as birthdays, Christmas and New year but also feeling a bit down because my fiancee has taken a turn for the worse in hospital, I know it does not help to drink and I'm not doing it that style but just want to chill and relax and try not to stress to much. I'll not have another bottle, I was just joking, I know how to limit myself.

Quote:
I don't care for chablis... it's too dry for me. I don't drink wine that much. When I'm out for dinner is about the only time I have it. I don't have any here at home. When I was a lot younger, I loved to have a glass of wine at home. Usually, it's an occasional drink or a beer
I don't usually have Chablis and prefer a nice grenache or zinfandel myself but tried this bottle in a restaurant on Wednesday evening and it was really nice so thought why not:)

Hope you have a great weekend