"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #21841
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Same here. It's also handy when DH is at the grocery store and I think of something else we need. Sometimes I need to be very specific about brand, type, etc.
I can relate, there is no excuse if you have a text with specific instructions!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #21842
Master Chef

I've developed a love affair with texting when trying to coordinate something with someone. The time lag between reading and replying gives me a chance to plan the next move or suggestion. It's now my daughter's and my go-to method when planning a trip to OH. Worked like a charm when meeting with an old friend of mine when we were on our way from the resort to our niece and nephew-in-law's.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #21843
Master Chef

Himself and I have been chillin' in our room, waiting for the time to leave for our anniversary dinner. Seems he got more relaxed than I did - he's snoring! LOL! Going to touch up hair and makeup so I look like the sweet young bride he married 40 years ago. Gonna take some work...
Old 11-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #21844
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
DH does not know how to text and doesn't want to learn. He hates texting. He hates when I text. He will start screaming "Pick up the phone and call her!" Why does it bother him what I do?
Sounds like Shrek and his jacket police thing...just because he is cold I must me too?
Old 11-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #21845
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Himself and I have been chillin' in our room, waiting for the time to leave for our anniversary dinner. Seems he got more relaxed than I did - he's snoring! LOL! Going to touch up hair and makeup so I look like the sweet young bride he married 40 years ago. Gonna take some work...
Not really...
Old 11-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #21846
Chef Extraordinaire

I don't text either and have no interest in learning. I Like to sound of the human voice. If I want something to read, I will pick up a book.

I sat here watching The Wizard of Oz. The Pirate knows the whole movie word for word and was reciting it along with the actors. He has never missed one year of its showing since he was just past being a toddler. I have to believe him when he says it is his favorite movie. But when it came back on for a rerun, I put my foot down. Time to change the channel.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #21847
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Going to bed early for my cardiac stress test in the morning.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #21848
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Good luck, and don't study too hard, PF!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:21 AM   #21849
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have to remember: "No caffiene, no eating 4 hours prior to test." Heck with it I'll just go into work!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:37 AM   #21850
Cook

I had a busy day. I only got a few hours of sleep being I had to get up to go pick up my kids from my ex husband. Then we took them to get a Happy Meal, or a #1 for my not so Happy Meal eating almost a teenager son and off to Joe's cousin's to get mine and my mini me's nails done. Jesse (my son) played with the older 12 year old there. I got home after 10pm and only had 4 cups of coffee, a large energy drink and 2 large iced teas on my stomach, so it was very upset with me. I tried to catch up on my recorded shows from Friday but was so tired from last of sleep and crashing from no food and lots of coffee that I passed out with the puppy until Joe called and woke me up for something I can't remember. I got up, poured some tea and plopped on the couch, surfing, halfway watching my shows and wishing I would have taken my mascara off before taking that nap. :(