"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #21851
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
I'm waiting for the cable guy to come and install my new modem they say I need. DH tried about 4 times, talked on the phone with tech support 4 times, and can't get it to work.

PF, I hope you pass your test! Nothing is more discouraging than a failed cardiac stress test.

Addie, if I text my step daughter on her Tracfone it only costs her 1/3 of a minute. If I call her, she pays for the length of the call. Also, I like the fact that the person can respond when it's convenient for them. If I need an instant response I call. That doesn't always work because my daughter-in-law rarely answers her phone. I've been with her when it rings, she looks to see who it is, then lets it go to VM. She calls them back when it's convenient for her. If I need an instant reply, I call her husband, my step-son. He will answer when he sees that it's us. It makes DH very angry that she won't answer, because we rarely call her just to chat. We usually need information right away.
__________________

__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #21852
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 3,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have to remember: "No caffiene, no eating 4 hours prior to test." Heck with it I'll just go into work!

I can deal with the no eating, but the no caffiene kills me. One time I fasted starting after dinner the day before for an AM test. When I got there, the doctor had been called for an emergency and my test was delayed for about 5 hours. I think I read every magazine they had in the hospital.
__________________

__________________
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #21853
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I'm waiting for the cable guy to come and install my new modem they say I need. DH tried about 4 times, talked on the phone with tech support 4 times, and can't get it to work.

PF, I hope you pass your test! Nothing is more discouraging than a failed cardiac stress test.

Addie, if I text my step daughter on her Tracfone it only costs her 1/3 of a minute. If I call her, she pays for the length of the call. Also, I like the fact that the person can respond when it's convenient for them. If I need an instant response I call. That doesn't always work because my daughter-in-law rarely answers her phone. I've been with her when it rings, she looks to see who it is, then lets it go to VM. She calls them back when it's convenient for her. If I need an instant reply, I call her husband, my step-son. He will answer when he sees that it's us. It makes DH very angry that she won't answer, because we rarely call her just to chat. We usually need information right away.
My SIL and son don't answer their phones either. But anytime they see my name they do. At my age they never know if it is an emergency or not. So if anyone really needs to get in touch with either one, they ask me to make the call. Even my daughter will ask me to call him when we are out.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #21854
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,380
Just got back from the local Penzeys store. Spent too much.

I discovered the no longer carry MSG.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #21855
Executive Chef
 
bethzaring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northern New Mexico
Posts: 4,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just got back from the local Penzeys store. Spent too much.

I discovered the no longer carry MSG.

try eBay. I get all my contraband items there; mercury thermometers, incandescent light bulbs.....
__________________
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #21856
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,380
Thanks, Beth.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #21857
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
You could also try Goya Sazon in individual packets.

Goya Products
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #21858
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
You could also try Goya Sazon in individual packets.

Goya Products

Thanks, AB. I have Sazon on hand. I was after pure MSG from Penzey's. There is also Accent that is MSG and seasonings.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #21859
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just got back from the local Penzeys store. Spent too much.

I discovered the no longer carry MSG.
I use MSG too. Accent is still carried in my local Walmart. You might try there. It's not too expensive.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #21860
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I use MSG too. Accent is still carried in my local Walmart. You might try there. It's not too expensive.
Thanks, Z. I know about Accent and Sazon but was looking to replace my bottle of msg with no added flavors. Both Accent and Sazon have herbs and spices added.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.