"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #21851
Executive Chef

I'm waiting for the cable guy to come and install my new modem they say I need. DH tried about 4 times, talked on the phone with tech support 4 times, and can't get it to work.

PF, I hope you pass your test! Nothing is more discouraging than a failed cardiac stress test.

Addie, if I text my step daughter on her Tracfone it only costs her 1/3 of a minute. If I call her, she pays for the length of the call. Also, I like the fact that the person can respond when it's convenient for them. If I need an instant response I call. That doesn't always work because my daughter-in-law rarely answers her phone. I've been with her when it rings, she looks to see who it is, then lets it go to VM. She calls them back when it's convenient for her. If I need an instant reply, I call her husband, my step-son. He will answer when he sees that it's us. It makes DH very angry that she won't answer, because we rarely call her just to chat. We usually need information right away.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #21852
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have to remember: "No caffiene, no eating 4 hours prior to test." Heck with it I'll just go into work!

I can deal with the no eating, but the no caffiene kills me. One time I fasted starting after dinner the day before for an AM test. When I got there, the doctor had been called for an emergency and my test was delayed for about 5 hours. I think I read every magazine they had in the hospital.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #21853
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I'm waiting for the cable guy to come and install my new modem they say I need. DH tried about 4 times, talked on the phone with tech support 4 times, and can't get it to work.

PF, I hope you pass your test! Nothing is more discouraging than a failed cardiac stress test.

Addie, if I text my step daughter on her Tracfone it only costs her 1/3 of a minute. If I call her, she pays for the length of the call. Also, I like the fact that the person can respond when it's convenient for them. If I need an instant response I call. That doesn't always work because my daughter-in-law rarely answers her phone. I've been with her when it rings, she looks to see who it is, then lets it go to VM. She calls them back when it's convenient for her. If I need an instant reply, I call her husband, my step-son. He will answer when he sees that it's us. It makes DH very angry that she won't answer, because we rarely call her just to chat. We usually need information right away.
My SIL and son don't answer their phones either. But anytime they see my name they do. At my age they never know if it is an emergency or not. So if anyone really needs to get in touch with either one, they ask me to make the call. Even my daughter will ask me to call him when we are out.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #21854
Certified Pretend Chef

Just got back from the local Penzeys store. Spent too much.

I discovered the no longer carry MSG.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #21855
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

try eBay. I get all my contraband items there; mercury thermometers, incandescent light bulbs.....
Old 11-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #21856
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks, Beth.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #21857
Master Chef

You could also try Goya Sazon in individual packets.

Goya Products
Old 11-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #21858
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
You could also try Goya Sazon in individual packets.

Goya Products

Thanks, AB. I have Sazon on hand. I was after pure MSG from Penzey's. There is also Accent that is MSG and seasonings.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #21859
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

I use MSG too. Accent is still carried in my local Walmart. You might try there. It's not too expensive.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #21860
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I use MSG too. Accent is still carried in my local Walmart. You might try there. It's not too expensive.
Thanks, Z. I know about Accent and Sazon but was looking to replace my bottle of msg with no added flavors. Both Accent and Sazon have herbs and spices added.