"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #21871
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Good point, Dawg. Now, I cook sliced mushrooms in garlic butter, then freeze. It works just fine that way.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #21872
Master Chef

I will do some experimenting tomorrow.

A couple with raw caps, a couple fully cooked, a couple with cooked caps and raw filling, etc...

Cooking the caps sounds like a good way to go.

Thanks!

Old 11-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #21873
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I made pork stew with some of the turkey broth I made yesterday. YUM!

I also made a huge pot of brown rice with the turkey broth and a package of onion soup. I just have to fill some quart size zips and put them in the freezer.

I started the green bean casserole. I melted the softened cream cheese in cream of chicken soup. Now all I have left to do is add the drained French style green beans, and some sliced criminis in garlic butter that I had already made, then pour it all in the oil sprayed casserole dish. I'll keep this in the fridge overnight.

I do still have to strip the meat from the turkey neck I used to make the broth yesterday, but I can do that tomorrow just before dinner.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #21874
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

procrastinating, I really need to get off my bum and make 3 pies, get the turkey in the brine and cube up the bread for the stuffing so it can sit in the oven all night to dry out.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #21875
Chef Extraordinaire

I too am procrastinating. I have one more pie to put together. And I haven't eaten all day. I didn't eat at all yesterday. I just have no idea what I want.

All I have to do is put the pie together. All the apples are peeled and sliced. I am feeling very lazy right now. I need about ten cents worth of energy.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #21876
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Relaxing for 45 minutes and then I will explode into inaction.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #21877
Master Chef

Hoping and praying the power doesn't go out. The lights overhead just did a quick blinky-blink. Even though our neighborhood has underground wires, the main area transformers are on poles on the main streets. Gonna cross my fingers..
Old 11-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #21878
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Relaxing for 45 minutes and then I will explode into inaction.
Please take me with you.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:35 AM   #21879
Master Chef

Busy decorating today. I strung a pine spray with lights above the front door frame and hung our Christmas sign on the porch wall (it has a couple of snowmen on it and says "Some of my friends are flakes"). I also assembled our fake tree for the sun room and strung the lights on it. Ornaments will follow later this week. We call it "Darlene's Tree" because of our neighbor on that side. When she and I were sitting at her kitchen table years ago and I said I was thinking of adding a sun room to our house, she said "and you could put a Christmas tree right there!". So I do! Some years the big tree, some years just one of those skinny alpine trees. But we always have a Darlene Tree!

I still put out a full meal and baked dessert today. If I was smart, I'd do nothing but read tomorrow. I'm not smart...
Old 12-02-2014, 05:12 AM   #21880
Chef Extraordinaire

I went to Gastro yesterday. I am scheduled for a Barium study later this month. This morning I am going shopping. I received a $21 increase in my food stamps due to winter heating costs. I don't know how they figured that. I don't pay for my heat, but I am not complaining. Right now I will take what ever help I can get.

It is 5 a.m. and I need to be ready by 7 a.m.