"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #22031
Master Chef

I'll make you a hot toddy PF.

Tea, lemon, honey and a double shot of Courvoisier Cognac.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #22032
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thang you...

I wish I was eating a Meyer Lemon...

Old 12-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #22033
Certified Pretend Chef

Working on my menu for Christmas dinner.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #22034
Master Chef

Kay....I'll have to give "The Hundred Foot Journey" another try tonight. I fell asleep in the recliner about halfway through. That's not to say anything bad about the movie, I was loving it! I was just tired and can fall asleep during an earthquake.

Princess, I hope you feel better soon. CG, have a great trip back home! Bakechef, funny you should mention divinity...I was just thinking about that. My mom used to make it every year and its one of the things that makes me think of her more around the holidays.

Katie, the beds for your grands sounds so cute. Would love to see pics. I've been working on my no-sew blankets for days now and can't wait till my grands see them.

I'm fortunate to not be on any meds, so far. But when and if the time comes that I do, there are lots of good ideas here. I used to carry around my mom's med list with me all the time.

As for what I'm doing, just finished cleaning up the kitchen from making coconut shrimp, and ready to dive into the Christmas crafts again.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #22035
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just put the ingredients into the bread machine for some loaf bread. I'll let the machine do the heavy lifting, that is, kneading and first rise, then I'll shape the dough into two loaves and set them to rise in my microwave (proofing box).

Before I head to the studio to play in doll clothes I'm watching the bird feeder out front. I added a bunch of black oil sunflower seed to the feeder yesterday and the cardinals think they've hit pay dirt. They love those seeds. It's been quite a show for the few minutes I've been observing the frenzy.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #22036
Assistant Cook

"Studying" for finals :( after Monday I have a month long break...I can't wait. This semester was hell. Also dreaming up my Christmas dinner...thinking about cranberry sauce :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #22037
Master Chef

I'm about to do my one stop Christmas shopping at the bank. Some brand new crisp bills makes everyone happy and the cards are the wrapping. Those gifts are never returned. My one year old Cheyenne (GD) will have gifts to open though.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #22038
Executive Chef

Katie, DH just mentioned that I never use my bread machine anymore. I don't even know where it is! I think it's because of my diabetes. Bread is my weakness, but it really raises my blood sugar. But I do long to smell the bread processing in the machine.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #22039
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime View Post
"Studying" for finals :( after Monday I have a month long break...I can't wait. This semester was hell. Also dreaming up my Christmas dinner...thinking about cranberry sauce :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gee, you weren't out protesting and asking for finals to be delayed in the interest of justice? Good for you. Hope you passed every test with a 4.0.

My son Spike brought me about 1.5 pounds of chestnuts today. I am going to be roasting them in the oven and having myself a feast this weekend.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #22040
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Katie, DH just mentioned that I never use my bread machine anymore. I don't even know where it is! I think it's because of my diabetes. Bread is my weakness, but it really raises my blood sugar. But I do long to smell the bread processing in the machine.
I have been mentioning to the kids how I have been wanting a bread machine for the longest time. The Pirate mentioned right back that the average person who has one doesn't even know where their machine is today. They use them a few times and then forget about them. Also, because they make such a big loaf, the bread goes stale in one day since there are no preservatives in the recipe.

I guess he is right. I can make just one loaf by hand and know it till be gone in one day. There is a machine that make a one pound loaf, but it is just too expensive.

« Midnite Oil Cafe | - »