"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #22131
Executive Chef

Just about to pack up the laptop and go and make a cup of tea and then to bed with Lord Peter Wimsey, the thinking woman's literary *crumpet.

Night-night, all.

*Crumpet - a British slang word for a sexy person (usually a girl but in this case.....)

Old 01-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #22132
Senior Cook

Just finished making tomato and onion soup... Well everyone just finished eating it...

Old 01-10-2015, 01:47 AM   #22133
Master Chef

I'm sipping red wine and dreaming of warmer weather. Getting a bit tired of these single-digits around here. I'm also enjoying my nightly glass of wine just a little more after reading this article: A New Study Suggests That People Who Don't Drink Alcohol Are More Likely To Die Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
... *Crumpet - a British slang word for a sexy person (usually a girl but in this case.....)
Oh great, you've just ruined my next eating experience when I toast up one of those lovely British griddle cakes for breakfast.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #22134
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Just about to pack up the laptop and go and make a cup of tea and then to bed with Lord Peter Wimsey, the thinking woman's literary *crumpet.

Night-night, all.

*Crumpet - a British slang word for a sexy person (usually a girl but in this case.....)

Brings new meaning to the expression, "Tea and Crumpets"!
Old 01-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #22135
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Brings new meaning to the expression, "Tea and Crumpets"!
Old 01-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #22136
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I'm sipping red wine and dreaming of warmer weather. Getting a bit tired of these single-digits around here. I'm also enjoying my nightly glass of wine just a little more after reading this article: A New Study Suggests That People Who Don't Drink Alcohol Are More Likely To Die Young

Oh great, you've just ruined my next eating experience when I toast up one of those lovely British griddle cakes for breakfast.
Like the so-called "French paradox" which says that the French, as a nation, consume a lot of butter and cream, meat, fat, etc., etc., but have relatively low cholesterol and heat disease because they drink red wine.

Works for me.

Interesting that eggs and now butter seem to have been rehabilitated after being considered another less than poison. I'm tempted to wonder when it will be sugar's turn.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #22137
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I've been dinking around on the iPad and basically doing nothing. Must bring the turkey from the outside cooler and find space for it in the freezer, as it's up to 29įF now. No easy feat.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #22138
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Rob mixed a bunch of Oscar's cat treats together and apparently these don't set well on his stomach. It had been a week or so since I went into the basement guest room and the carpet looked like someone had performed a feline exorcism...

So I got out the carpet cleaner and took care of that. I figured since I had the contraption out, I'd also do the main floor, so I just finished that. There is quite a bit of satisfaction seeing your carpets look like new, but it's quite a project!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #22139
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Surprise! Yuck.

Glad you got it cleaned up, BC!
Old 01-10-2015, 10:28 PM   #22140
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
...Must bring the turkey from the outside cooler and find space for it in the freezer, as it's up to 29įF now. No easy feat.
Himself said you might have better luck if you cook it up now. Turkey dinner at Dawg's house!