"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #22141
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Himself said you might have better luck if you cook it up now. Turkey dinner at Dawg's house!
I wish! Hopefully I can smush everything else in the freezer and stuff it in there, I think I have a big enough hole in the freezer. Turkey is still frozen stiff.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #22142
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I've been dinking around on the iPad and basically doing nothing. Must bring the turkey from the outside cooler and find space for it in the freezer, as it's up to 29įF now. No easy feat.
Debone that turkey and stuff a chicken in it, then roast it up {like a turduckin but minus the duck, I did them with duck before and no one likes the duck, so the past 3 years I omitted the duck and EVERYONE LOVES it}...

heres some pics for tanksgiven of my turchikin, this year I reserved a 22lb bird, but they ended up growing him too big {33 or 34} and I didn't have a pan large enough to hold it, I had to run to a store and buy a cheap tin pan, what a night mare, it still came perfect, and everyone loved it, but Oh my god was it a lot of meat... Man what a lot of work that is, looking back at the pictures I am glad thanksgiving is almost a year away. I broke my cutco scissors prepping this monster and still haven't replaced them...

The kids are finally all sleeping, I had a BUSY day, so now I am relaxing, I just watched a couple episodes of Mork and Mindy, now I am having a glass of whiskey {jameson 18} and listening to side 2 of abbey road album on vinyl. "here comes the sun" "little darling"... I swear I was born in the wrong decade.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:24 AM   #22143
Master Chef

I was just out scrounging for a Hefty coupon and came across this recipe for ice cream in a bag.

Sounds like a great project to entertain a bored kid!

Anybody got a bored kid I can borrow?

Make Your Own Ice Cream in a Bag | Hefty
Old 01-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #22144
Master Chef

Sitting in front of the big living room window with my second cuppa joe, watching the rain. It's REALLY coming down - huge drops bouncing back up off the street. Everything is getting flooded and I'm loving it!

Bea, we did that ice cream project with some kids in the classroom several years ago - they had fun and it worked pretty good!
Old 01-11-2015, 06:15 PM   #22145
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just got home from our 90 minute round trip drive to Costco. We behaved ourselves and stuck to the list, sort of. Still managed to drop a bundle. The checkout lady raved about the hot pepper raspberry chipotle sauce we got. We now have enough toothpaste to last us for several years. They didn't have low sodium V8, bulk pack eyeliner, or McCormick's Country Gravy Mix this time. Our Costco is sort of hit or miss I guess. Didn't get to try the sample boneless hot wings, as I practically got knocked over when the lady put out more samples, and they were all snatched up in a flash.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #22146
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Just got home from our 90 minute round trip drive to Costco. We behaved ourselves and stuck to the list, sort of. Still managed to drop a bundle. The checkout lady raved about the hot pepper raspberry chipotle sauce we got. We now have enough toothpaste to last us for several years. They didn't have low sodium V8, bulk pack eyeliner, or McCormick's Country Gravy Mix this time. Our Costco is sort of hit or miss I guess. Didn't get to try the sample boneless hot wings, as I practically got knocked over when the lady put out more samples, and they were all snatched up in a flash.
Now there's a woman with her priorities right - eye-liner bought in bulk!

Re toothpaste to last years. When I was moving house and I cleared out the bathroom drawers I discovered that I was the proud owner of 38 bars of soap!!!!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #22147
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Can never have too much soap, MC! Do they have Costco in the UK?
Old 01-11-2015, 11:40 PM   #22148
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Since we're experiencing a veritable heat wave I'll be bundling up and heading out to shop. I have two grocery stores to get to this week, and of course they are in opposite directions. Today I'll go west, mostly to buy veggies for soup - lots of produce deals at that store. Since I'm rarely shopping "west", I plan on stopping by the health food store for an item I can't find in a regular grocery store - non-instant milk powder. I need it for "Kitchen Sink Cookies". Considered using my buttermilk powder, but since I'll be out anyway...

OK, here I go. Can't stop me now. Gonna pull my coat on (yes, PF, coat) and go.....

Dang! It's co-co-cold out there!
I never even went outside today. Never got dressed. I better get a shower and go to bed...BTW what's a "coat"?
Old 01-11-2015, 11:49 PM   #22149
Certified Pretend Chef

Waiting for my neighbor to get home from their trip to India. Circumstances left them without a house key so I have the only one as I have been checking the house and car for them while they were away. So I'm sitting here watching a late sports show and using my computer. They're due in pretty soon.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:58 AM   #22150
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I was just out scrounging for a Hefty coupon and came across this recipe for ice cream in a bag.

Sounds like a great project to entertain a bored kid!

Anybody got a bored kid I can borrow?

Make Your Own Ice Cream in a Bag | Hefty

My 68 year old is acting bored...