"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-25-2015, 03:38 PM   #22191
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Love the greenhouse GG ! I'm glad you're home and better...your cruise next month is still a go, yes?
I'm afraid not. I'm better, but not good enough to travel, and there's more treatment coming up,so we had to cancel. However, we bought trip insurance, so we will reschedule when I'm well enough to enjoy it

Old 01-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #22192
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm afraid not. I'm better, but not good enough to travel, and there's more treatment coming up,so we had to cancel. However, we bought trip insurance, so we will reschedule when I'm well enough to enjoy it
oh, I'm so very sorry GG. I know how you were both looking forward to that trip. Getting you well is the most important thing, but I still feel so badly for you.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:35 PM   #22193
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Yep, it does CM. Are you wanting one? It also comes in other colors. Here's where we bought it.

Duraflame 950 Cranberry Electric Fireplace Stove with Remote Control - DFS-950-7
We've had 2 of those before.Not that brand though.
Replacing the parts just became too much of a hassle time/money.
Were holding out for a real fireplace.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:08 PM   #22194
Executive Chef

We are finally moving dh into my new house. We have been living at both houses. Here is what we moved today.

CM, do you mean a real real fireplace, one where you burn wood?

I have a fake gas fireplace put in and we love it. I chose not to have a blower installed and do not regret it. It throws off a lot of heat, but the house is small and the living room even smaller
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2929.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	22535  
Old 01-25-2015, 11:46 PM   #22195
Master Chef

Gee beth, when we moved from OH to AZ all we had to relocate was a cat.

I'm sitting here in silence, TV turned off. After an evening news full of "SnowSnowSnow!" "balls.balls.balls." followed by "windandSnow!" I've had it. My Lord, they have to hype the weather up here days in advance, as if talking about it will make it go away. If you haven't learned how to deal with winter up here by now, you may as well move to FL.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:49 PM   #22196
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm home from the hospital, resting in bed with two of our fur babies...
Glad you're home. It's a shame you have to postpone your cruise, but I suppose it's better safe than sorry. I'm sure your fur babies will make you feel even better quicker. BTW, couldn't see the greenhouse - the link wouldn't work for me. I'm sure it's cute.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:49 AM   #22197
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
We are finally moving dh into my new house. We have been living at both houses. Here is what we moved today.

CM, do you mean a real real fireplace, one where you burn wood?

I have a fake gas fireplace put in and we love it. I chose not to have a blower installed and do not regret it. It throws off a lot of heat, but the house is small and the living room even smaller
I desperately hope that the horse isn't travelling in the trailer!

PLEASE, PLEASE, NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! The saving of money on the hire of a proper horse box is not worth a dead or severely injured horse.

And, please, DC-ers, don't ever imagine that this is an acceptable method of transporting an equine or any other animal.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #22198
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I do laundry every other week or I can get three weeks out of it. It costs me the same as doing it weekly, I use a laundromat, too! No hook-ups in this apartment.

Also easier to keep track of what is spent on my uniforms for tax reasons.

It's cheaper for me to do it every two weeks because I still only have 1 load of each category, whites, colors, jeans. Towels and sheets get done weekly. I know having the uniforms adds a big load to it.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #22199
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
I desperately hope that the horse isn't travelling in the trailer!

PLEASE, PLEASE, NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! The saving of money on the hire of a proper horse box is not worth a dead or severely injured horse.

And, please, DC-ers, don't ever imagine that this is an acceptable method of transporting an equine or any other animal.

Relax, this is/was a perfectly safe way to transport an animal. DH and his family have worked, trained, had horses for at least 400 years. Horses are a way of life for him and his ancestors.

The horse arrived safely to his new home.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:02 AM   #22200
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just finished cataloging and organizing our music CDs. They're usually in their space in alpha order but we've added quite a few new ones over the last year and things got a bit jumbled. Now everyone's in order and I have a printout of what we have. It'll be easier to select something we want to hear. As a matter of fact I think I have me a hankerin' for some Vikki Carr.