"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-05-2015, 12:02 AM   #22211
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks, Josie!

Old 02-05-2015, 12:13 AM   #22212
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Having broken my foot too and speaking from experience, the boot is really annoying to sleep in. Be really careful navigating ice and snow. I had to figure out how to drive with my left foot. It helped that my bone doc got me a temporary handicapped tag.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:13 AM   #22213
Master Chef

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that, princess. Best wishes for a super speedy recovery.

It's crazy how one minute everything is fine, and the next, you're in the ER. I tripped over my late mother's oxygen hose 5 years ago and fell hard - cracked my hipbone and didn't have to have surgery, but took me a while in rehab to be able to walk and support my weight on that leg. Best wishes to you!
Old 02-05-2015, 12:38 AM   #22214
Master Chef

Gee, PF, hope your foot heals quickly. I guess I got a sympathy boo-boo for you, too. For what it's worth, my right big toe is now bigger than earlier today...

We have 90-degree turns in our staircases: three steps on the upper part, eight or nine on the lower stretch - 9 up to the 2nd floor, 8 down to the basement. Anyway, I swear those last three steps are just a bit steeper than the rest of them. Sometimes, when coming up carrying something, my toe will hit the edge of the step instead of clearing it. Well, lets just say the Griddler and I sustained similar injuries. Now my bunion has a bunion. At least the Griddler still works!

Anyway, get well fast. You never know when you'll need to give someone a swift kick.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #22215
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Having broken my foot too and speaking from experience, the boot is really annoying to sleep in. Be really careful navigating ice and snow. I had to figure out how to drive with my left foot. It helped that my bone doc got me a temporary handicapped tag.
The bus stop is just around the corner and will dump me off in front of the facility. No problem, seeing as we haven't had any snow. I'm sure someone at work will be happy to haul me to the grocery store.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #22216
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that, princess. Best wishes for a super speedy recovery.

It's crazy how one minute everything is fine, and the next, you're in the ER. I tripped over my late mother's oxygen hose 5 years ago and fell hard - cracked my hipbone and didn't have to have surgery, but took me a while in rehab to be able to walk and support my weight on that leg. Best wishes to you!
About 40 years ago I jumped down the front steps of my home. When I landed I heard a big crack. Taking that first step to get back into the house, told me I had a broken foot. I broke the outside carpel bones on the left side of my left foot. Now, just stepping on a vacuum cord instead of over it, I have broken my foot several times over the years. I have learned not to walk over small stones either.

And of course because I know everything in the world, now when I break it, I don't go to no stinkin' doctor! No, not me. I know what to do. I broke it again two weeks ago and it is now just showing signs of healing. For how long, that I don't know. What I did for my foot was limp a lot. I am limping a little less today.

And for you PF, May you heal quickly.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:49 AM   #22217
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post

You would think I would know better than to wander around barefoot. Thanks for the best wishes.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:02 AM   #22218
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
About 40 years ago I jumped down the front steps of my home. When I landed I heard a big crack. Taking that first step to get back into the house, told me I had a broken foot. I broke the outside carpel bones on the left side of my left foot. Now, just stepping on a vacuum cord instead of over it, I have broken my foot several times over the years. I have learned not to walk over small stones either.

And of course because I know everything in the world, now when I break it, I don't go to no stinkin' doctor! No, not me. I know what to do. I broke it again two weeks ago and it is now just showing signs of healing. For how long, that I don't know. What I did for my foot was limp a lot. I am limping a little less today.

And for you PF, May you heal quickly.

The last time I broke my foot, the bone doc said,"Yeah, you broke that sucker." I had X-rays which were billed separately. Then I got bone doc's bill. $438 for agreeing that I broke my foot. I didn't like being billed for his affirmation of something I already knew. I already had the boot.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:31 AM   #22219
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The bus stop is just around the corner and will dump me off in front of the facility. No problem, seeing as we haven't had any snow. I'm sure someone at work will be happy to haul me to the grocery store.
Sorry to hear about your foot and shush about the snow!

I'm sure the snow gods are planning something special to cheer you up!

Good luck!
Old 02-05-2015, 05:41 AM   #22220
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
The last time I broke my foot, the bone doc said,"Yeah, you broke that sucker." I had X-rays which were billed separately. Then I got bone doc's bill. $438 for agreeing that I broke my foot. I didn't like being billed for his affirmation of something I already knew. I already had the boot.
Oh yes, I hate the radiology bill and also paying because I told the doctor what was wrong. We should get a discount for telling the doctor the diagnosis.