"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #22311
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks guys. And it was a Mercedes-Benz Ambulance...I finally got a ride in a Mercedes.

Things come in threes, I'm waiting for the third shoe to drop. Friday was Shrek's 2 week follow up since his laser eye surgery to tack up his torn retina. The doc took one look in there yesterday and said it wasnt taking and we spent 45 minutes setting up Retinal Surgery for Monday. When it rains it snows...

Old 02-21-2015, 08:33 PM   #22312
Chef Extraordinaire

Aren't ambulance rides fun? I know I am getting sick of it. I woke up today from a nap with some nasty pain in my left arm. Thought for sure I was due to another trip. Took just one hit of the nitro spray. Took care of the problem.

So glad you are all right. Stop going out with just a sweater on. Do I have to yell at your for a change?

So did you hallucinate anything worth seeing? I love that Shrek was sitting by the door waiting for you. Sounds like that guy loves you.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:45 PM   #22313
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks guys. And it was a Mercedes-Benz Ambulance...I finally got a ride in a Mercedes.

Things come in threes, I'm waiting for the third shoe to drop. Friday was Shrek's 2 week follow up since his laser eye surgery to tack up his torn retina. The doc took one look in there yesterday and said it wasnt taking and we spent 45 minutes setting up Retinal Surgery for Monday. When it rains it snows...
Yikes, princess! Glad you're home. Sending strong healing thoughts to both of you. Has your foot healed yet?
Old 02-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #22314
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Aren't ambulance rides fun? I know I am getting sick of it. I woke up today from a nap with some nasty pain in my left arm. Thought for sure I was due to another trip. Took just one hit of the nitro spray. Took care of the problem.

So glad you are all right. Stop going out with just a sweater on. Do I have to yell at your for a change?

So did you hallucinate anything worth seeing? I love that Shrek was sitting by the door waiting for you. Sounds like that guy loves you.
From what I understand I said, "It's too hot Daddy, I can't stay here, I'm burning up Daddy." When I was quite young, Dad and I were on our way to Denver in August and the car died, we were 10 miles away from the nearest services. It was very hot and there was no way I would be able to make the trek. Daddy left me in the car with the windows partially down and told me to lay down in the back. He made it back with the tow truck, but I was already in heat shock moving on to heat stroke. I think this is where that hallucination came from.

I also have a baseline body temperature of 96.4, since that episode of heat stroke. My body thermometer is broken. So when I go to the doctor and I have a temp of 98.6 or 98.8 I am considered to not have a rising temp. Even doctors forget that 98.6 is an average, people have baseline temps that are unique to them. I was at 102.6 when I got to the hospital last night.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:51 PM   #22315
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Yikes, princess! Glad you're home. Sending strong healing thoughts to both of you. Has your foot healed yet?
Foot is fine, just a twinge now and then. Seems I hit my last birthday and became a clutz...
Old 02-21-2015, 09:05 PM   #22316
Master Chef

I'm glad it's better....at least you didn't have to hobble into the cab with a boot on!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:19 PM   #22317
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Resting, I have managed to get "Walking Pneumonia" again. Had a fun night with a ride in the ambulance since Shrek cannot drive at night and I was hallucinating from fever. Then, there I was in the ER with a prescription and being sent home...called a cab. I was dressed in a nightgown, long sweater and my Merrells, with my wallet on a string. No keys. Shrek was sitting by the door when I got home to let me in, he'd been sitting there for 3 hours.
Oh Good Grief.
How sweet of your dear Shrek to be waiting for you by the door. But you'd better suck it up and start wearing something a little more substantial than a sweater on sub-freezing days. You don't need to end up with "Flat-on-your-Back Pneumonia"! Take care and get well soon.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #22318
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Oh Good Grief.
How sweet of your dear Shrek to be waiting for you by the door. But you'd better suck it up and start wearing something a little more substantial than a sweater on sub-freezing days. You don't need to end up with "Flat-on-your-Back Pneumonia"! Take care and get well soon.
The sweater was because Shrek made me put it on, I think he made me put the Merrells on too, otherwise I would have walked out in my nightgown. It was just a light drizzle out and it felt good. They could not get a gurney into our apartment, so it was a good thing I was ambulatory, even if I was out of my head.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:29 PM   #22319
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh dear, bet your darling ogre was about beside himself! So glad you're OK!
Old 02-21-2015, 10:50 PM   #22320
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh dear, bet your darling ogre was about beside himself! So glad you're OK!
Yes, he was very upset there was nothing he could do. He did check my temp, take my blood pressure, check my pulse and Oxygen levels and had them all written down for the EMT's. He says I told him what to do...nag, nag, nag even when I can't think straight.