"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #22331
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Maybe Boston needs us for snow melting duties.

Shrek kept asking me if it was a hot flash, I knew it wasn't because I was not drenched in sweat.
I read a little blurb that some women can have hot flashes for 30 years or more. The younger they were when they started, the longer they can last. I have never had hot flashes. In fact, come to think of it, I didn't even know I went through menopause.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #22332
Head Chef

Just picked up my watercolour brush for the first time in years! It was spurred on by a painting competition. I painted my design of a gothic framed window with a hazy outer view of greenery and a sunset.

I am keeping it though - rather than submitting it - since it will be seen for what it is, overpainted, but is adequate to adorn my flat.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:38 PM   #22333
Chef Extraordinaire

Relaxing & vegging out in my pj's all day, finally a day off with no expectations from anyone!
Old 02-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #22334
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Relaxing & vegging out in my pj's all day, finally a day off with no expectations from anyone!

You sure deserve it, SB!
Old 02-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #22335
Honey Badger

Finally feeling like a human being today.
Had a bad bout of bronchitis high fever of 103.4 for a few days.
Hubby wanted to call an ambulance for me.Or take me in.Like I'd let that happen.I'm too cheap to pay for a ride.My bed, flat screen wall mounted tv was just fine.Besides I could have the comfort of my dogs with me to keep an eye on me.
Pulled a muscle in my ribcage area that's been painful.Happy to find out it wasn't a hernia.So been sleeping and getting a lot of rest lately.

The crocuses have been blooming right along with the freesia's.
Life's good.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #22336
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Bronchitis is awful. Glad you're feeling better, Munky!
Old 02-23-2015, 02:55 AM   #22337
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PF, I have a base temp of 97. Fortunately for me, they have it marked in my computer profile. So anything above that, like you is a temp. Do try to stay healthy from now on! Who is going to yell at me?

CCL, take care of that tail bone. Poo fell from the top of a slide when he was five years old. That is when I found out that he had a double tailbone. When he fell, he landed right on it and it splayed. He was very sore for a long time. Lucky he didn't break it. He was complaining one morning about how much it hurt him to walk. The woman at the day care center told him to suck it up and act like a man. Do I have to tell you how I went off on her? That place was lucky I didn't sue them. When he fell, there was no supervision over the kids. The director heard me yelling at her and she was suspended for two week without pay. Five year old boys are not men. Anymore than five year old girls are women.

BTW, he also has a double uvula. Doctors think he was supposed to be a twin and the egg failed to continue splitting. There is a God and he was looking down on me that day.
Oh my! Bless you, Addie. What a mess! I'm a little better, and I'll be okay, I promise!

Woooo...I'd have been mad also!

For you and your daughter....

And one more for good measure:
Old 02-23-2015, 02:59 AM   #22338
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Ack!! No falling on the ice, no falling on the ice!!!!

Fell better soon.
And you are feeling better Ogress?

Ack...lol.

I have come to realize that ice and gravity are a sinister pair of elements whose sole purpose in their existence is to try to kill us.

Meanies. I hate it when physics messes with my well-being, danggit.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:02 AM   #22339
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
And you are feeling better Ogress?

Ack...lol.

I have come to realize that ice and gravity are a sinister pair of elements whose sole purpose in their existence is to try to kill us.

Meanies. I hate it when physics messes with my well-being, danggit.
Feeling a bit better, had a spell yesterday of being unable to swallow, my throat was so swollen, went in and had a shot of cortisone for that. Still running bouts with a fever, but it's starting to cool off.

Gravity, not to mention ice, is my "downfall" or "fall down go boom" nemesis. Happens to me on Handicap ramps for some stupid reason.

I am about to go in and wake up Shrek, his Laser eye surgery 2 weeks ago to attach his retina has failed (found out Friday) and he's going in for eye surgery this morning. It's been a stressful weekend.

Thanks for asking!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #22340
Head Chef

Spent about an hour trying to upload my recent painting from digital camera onto the image browser online. Peculiar glitches...not sure why...low battery in camera? (Replaced it)...maybe due to it being a cheap camera (with CD download)? Not sure.