"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #22431
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm shredding cheese with my micro-plane. I'm doing it in spurts because I don't have enough spoons to do it in one go. It's so Stirling can make fettuccine Alfredo tonight.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #22432
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm shredding cheese with my micro-plane. I'm doing it in spurts because I don't have enough spoons to do it in one go. It's so Stirling can make fettuccine Alfredo tonight.
You totally lost me on this one TL. Why do you need a spoon with a micro-plane?

I have a Porter House steak thawing out. I will bring it with me. The two of you can each have a bite if I can have some Alfredo.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:41 PM   #22433
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You totally lost me on this one TL. Why do you need a spoon with a micro-plane?

I have a Porter House steak thawing out. I will bring it with me. The two of you can each have a bite if I can have some Alfredo.
Spoons = energy, Spoon theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-17-2015, 04:57 PM   #22434
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks. Yesterday I didn't have any spoons. Even if someone handed me a fist full of them I would have dropped all of them. I will have to remember that.

Yesterday I was so sick. Every time I lifted my head off my pillow, I went into a spasm of dry heaves. My spoons must have been at someone else's home.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:27 PM   #22435
Executive Chef

Quote:
Ah, light dawns!
Old 03-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #22436
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Thanks. Yesterday I didn't have any spoons. Even if someone handed me a fist full of them I would have dropped all of them. I will have to remember that.

Yesterday I was so sick. Every time I lifted my head off my pillow, I went into a spasm of dry heaves. My spoons must have been at someone else's home.
I hope you're feeling better tomorrow
Old 03-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #22437
Honey Badger

WOW!
I just fell in love with my B-day present.
Fire HD 7 - Amazon's Official Site - Learn More

This thing is awesome.I'm amazed by the picture and sound quality from it.Tested it on Netflix last night.Watched 4400.Awesome display!

Still learning to watch my step when I'm on Amazon.Looking for cookbooks can be dangerous.They don't kid around with the one click wonder buys....I'm broke now.Please send your donations to....

Can't wait to see how well it works on the road.So far using it for reading recipes has finally been made much easier on my eyes.It was to the point I was avoiding reading anything online or off because of the strain.It certainly beats lugging a heavy awkward laptop around.

Yep, life does get better with age.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:38 PM   #22438
Executive Chef

I'm sitting down with a cup of tea having just cleared up the kitchen after an afternoon's baking. Two (caraway) seed cakes, a batch of ginger oat cookies in the storage boxes and a batch of bread dough sitting in my cold kitchen to rise slowly and bake tomorrow. Enough to make a loaf to eat and a loaf to freeze. Feeling very pleased with myself.

I make cake for myself, obviously, but I also give one away to the lady who feeds Tetley on Thursday and Sunday nights. Not sure how she feels about caraway seed. A lot of people aren't keen.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #22439
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Just lugged home a duvet (double bed size - 2 in one/all seasons) on a little trolley base. Phew!

I made the mistake of buying a new mattress that had synthetic filling. (I couldn't establish what my old mattress had until it was too late - mixed fibres, i.e. had some natural content). The mistake being apparent on the first night's sleep - overheating/burning up, i.e. enough to wake me up, face sweating! I had no idea this was possible!

Very few stores take mattresses back and this store did not. I was seduced by the price and it being the last few days of the sale. Apparently "not fit for purpose" does not cover what I experience! Hmm.

So, in order to offset the heat, I have changed my synthetic duvet for a goose feather & down one (since they "breathe") and will soon be buying a thick, natural mattress protector. (I have a hot water bottle to fill with cold water as standby....chilled water if necessary!) Feels like a major operation: operation Chill!
I have a deep feather and down mattress topper that I bought from QVC a few years ago. Expensive but one of the best things I ever bought! It needs a bit of a shake every other day and I let it air for an hour or two when I change the bedding and it fluffs up beautifully. The great thing is that it's never too warm or too cold and it feels like lying on a cloud.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:55 PM   #22440
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
WOW!
I just fell in love with my B-day present.
Fire HD 7 - Amazon's Official Site - Learn More

This thing is awesome.I'm amazed by the picture and sound quality from it.Tested it on Netflix last night.Watched 4400.Awesome display!

Still learning to watch my step when I'm on Amazon.Looking for cookbooks can be dangerous.They don't kid around with the one click wonder buys....I'm broke now.Please send your donations to....

Can't wait to see how well it works on the road.So far using it for reading recipes has finally been made much easier on my eyes.It was to the point I was avoiding reading anything online or off because of the strain.It certainly beats lugging a heavy awkward laptop around.

Yep, life does get better with age.
Stirling has the Samsung something or other. This does look better. For one thing, it has front and rear facing cameras. His only has the front facing, so he can't really take photos other than selfies and he doesn't do selfies. Does it have a slot for a SIM card? That makes a tablet a lot more versatile. Stirling's does. He only uses that when there is no WiFi available. In a year and a half, he hasn't gone over 150 Meg of data using the SIM card more than twice.