"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #22611
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Laundry. Mountains of laundry.

For some reason, DH feels the need to take 987 gray t shirts on any vacation. OK, that's a slight exaggeration, but close. He usually just wears 3, but the rest get put in the dirty clothes hamper when we get home to be washed anyway.
He is a man. He only put 986 in there. He likes even numbers. And he doesn't have to do the laundry.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:00 PM   #22612
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
He is a man. He only put 986 in there. He likes even numbers. And he doesn't have to do the laundry.

You made 3 very good points there, Addie!

Old 04-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #22613
Executive Chef

I think I am getting senile. I missed 2 bill payments in the past 30 days. I received a late charge, but I called and begged for forgiveness and they took the late fees off. Now, I sent the gas payment to the cable company and the cable payment to the gas company. What is wrong with me??? I don't understand how either of them got away with processing a check that was made out to someone else. If the mail man put my neighbor's social security check in my mailbox, I would not get away with cashing it.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #22614
Executive Chef

Dawglover, when my step-daughter was a teen, she would take an outfit out of her closet to wear, then if she changed her mind, she would put it in the hamper instead of hanging it back up. It took me a couple weeks to figure that out, after she had tons of laundry each week. That's when I took her down to the laundry room and showed her how to work the washer and dryer. The only problem that caused was when she would get up each morning, decide what outfit she wanted to wear, and wash it, all by itself, rather than doing her laundry each week. The day she got married, I cried tears of joy! LOL
Old 04-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #22615
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I think I am getting senile. I missed 2 bill payments in the past 30 days. I received a late charge, but I called and begged for forgiveness and they took the late fees off. Now, I sent the gas payment to the cable company and the cable payment to the gas company. What is wrong with me??? I don't understand how either of them got away with processing a check that was made out to someone else. If the mail man put my neighbor's social security check in my mailbox, I would not get away with cashing it.
Your post gave me a flashback!!!

Old 04-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #22616
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Carol, I used to work for the Dept. of Taxes for the State. I did data entry work. I can't tell you how many times we would get the Federal Tax returns, or a quarterly tax check for Federal payments. Fortunately the Federal Bldg. was right across the street. Once a week, our supervisor would keep all of the Federal ones, and one of us would walk them over and pick up the State ones they received. It is quite a common occurrence. The utility companies have an agreement between them.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #22617
Chef Extraordinaire

If we got a check for their Macy's bill or some other than Federal Taxes, it was sent back to them. So you are not getting senile. It is when you sit down to pay all your bills at the same time that it happens. Complete each payment including putting it in the right envelope, stamp it and seal it. Then go on to the next bill. Everyone does that at least once in their life.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #22618
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here watching a 1934 movie starring John Wayne. He looks like a baby. B&W of course.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:16 PM   #22619
Certified Pretend Chef

Went to visit the orthopedist today. my wrist has been hurting and my PCP suggested the possibility of arthritis and sent me to the bone guy.

X-rays reveal I have a previously undetected torn ligament that allowed a wrist bone to shift and cause inflammation and arthritis. He gave me a cortisone shot and a brace and sent me home. Hopefully, that will do the trick for a couple of months. Then I can go back for another shot.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #22620
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Well, that sux, Andy. Hopefully you were able to get one of those cute little dominatrix braces, not one of the ugly blue things that I had to use when I broke my wrist.

Whatever, hope it gets fixed!