"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #22661
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I got four out of four for my Swedish-influenced lamb chops and sides. I was going to share the recipe if it wasn't tested and accepted, but now I can't. Once the picture is published, I will share that.
Gi' us a hint. What makes it Swedish influenced?

Old 04-08-2015, 04:29 PM   #22662
Chef Extraordinaire

Dill and lemon, TL. Take away making it a stew and use lamb chops, well, it really is only influenced by the dill and lemon. No egg, no veggies. Sides spring salad with roasted radishes, etc., and oven-roasted potato with garlic butter.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #22663
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
It's a pleasant surprise once a year but you're basically making an interest free loan to the Govt. and forgoing interest on that money saved in the bank.

I just filed my returns this afternoon. Completed the returns and filed electronically.
I understand Andy...but come time for the payout the money in savings will be used for an emergency during the year, not collected and saved for our eyeglasses, dental work, etc. I do put as much as I can in my 401K.

Shrek is really good at "saving" money until he sees something he wants. Last year his "savings" was big enough I could pay cash for a Lift Recliner when his health was failing, paying cash allowed me to take advantage of a 15% discount off the price and delivery charge.

The time before, the "savings" let me buy the needed things to make the apartment more accessible when he had surgery and pay out of pocket for his dressing change needs. To be clear, the "savings" comes from my paychecks, not his SS payments.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:57 PM   #22664
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been up to the hospital every night this week. my best friend is up there with pnemonia. her levels are way to elevated as well as her blood pressure. She has had 2 kidney transplants, the last one was from her daughter.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:01 PM   #22665
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I hope she comes through this okay SB. Give her my Good Wishes.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:18 PM   #22666
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh dear, SB. Hope she gets well soon!
Old 04-09-2015, 11:26 PM   #22667
Chef Extraordinaire

My prayers are on the way. for your friend. Right now she needs one to look down and care for her. I firmly believe we all have an angel that looks down on us each day.

With two kidney transplanted, she has a battle on her hands and she needs all the prayers that can be sent on their way for her. Do let her daughter know that there are folks who are sending prayers for her.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:25 AM   #22668
Master Chef

SB, sending healing thoughts and prayers.

OMGosh....been seriously planning for 3 weeks to get family together for one day together during spring break...not everyone can just take time off whenever and fortunately we're all in SoCal....one son in law is a cop, another is a fireman, several of the littles are in preschool, one daughter is a teacher....well, we finally got all our ducks in a row and will all get to meet up at my oldest daughters in Santa Clarita tomorrow. Win! See y'all in a couple of days.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:54 AM   #22669
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I have been up to the hospital every night this week. my best friend is up there with pnemonia...
I'll keep her (and all who care about her) in my prayers. Hang in there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
...meet up at my oldest daughters in Santa Clarita tomorrow. Win! See y'all in a couple of days.
How very nice, Cheryl! Enjoy your time and make sure we get to see pics of your grandkids' smiling faces.
Old 04-10-2015, 06:12 AM   #22670
Chef Extraordinaire

What CG said Cheryl.

I am sitting here playing stupid games on the computer listening to the news. A bad tornado in Illinois. So I was concerned about one of our members who lives in Galena. I Googled how far it was away from the tornado. Thankfully she is safe and sound. Sixty-nine miles away.