"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #22681
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Awesome, Souschef. What a great service!

Old 04-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #22682
Master Chef

Souschef, you are a great Puppy Pilot!

What am I doing? Well, I'm not doing this at the moment, but every time I go into the kitchen I open up the two cupboard doors and admire today's job. I've been a bit remiss in switching between my Christmas set and my Pfaltzgraff Folk Art dishware. As in, the Christmas dishes have been there since Thanksgiving, 2013. We do have other dish sets (I have enough to open my own restaurant) so there seemed to be no hurry? But switching things around today made me completely organize and rearrange the two cupboards. Now everything is so neat and tidy!

I don't reach for the Folk Art too often, but every time I see them they make me smile. My Mom bought them for us when we took her and Dad to York, PA and Williamsburg, back when I was pregnant. She liked the pattern, it was the one pattern between Pfaltzgraff's three patterns at that time that Himself and I both liked, and Mom was very excited over the prospect of becoming a grandma - twice. Needless to say, since she saw different dishes, cups, and bowls at both York and Williamsburg, she bought service for 8 of everything. I guess it was her way of celebrating imminent twin grandbabies?

Old 04-11-2015, 12:15 AM   #22683
Certified Pretend Chef

14 minutes past midnight and I'm watching the Red Sox and Yankees in an extra innings game. We are currently in the 15th inning with the score tied at 3. Tame is now over 5 hours long.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:08 AM   #22684
Master Chef

And just after Papi gives you guys the lead, Wright gives up a home run. Their next game starts in about 12 hours. Do you think they'll be done with this game by then, Andy?
Old 04-11-2015, 10:29 AM   #22685
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
And just after Papi gives you guys the lead, Wright gives up a home run. Their next game starts in about 12 hours. Do you think they'll be done with this game by then, Andy?

I'm happy to say the Sox ended the game @2:13AM with a win in the 19th inning.

Plenty of time to get ready for the 1:00PM game this afternoon.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:16 PM   #22686
Master Chef

I was listening till the end, Andy! And it had to end - Boston was down to no bench and only 3 starters, and NY had 4 pitchers left. What a game.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:46 PM   #22687
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I was listening till the end, Andy! And it had to end - Boston was down to no bench and only 3 starters, and NY had 4 pitchers left. What a game.
I read this post while listening to the pre-game show for this afternoon's game!
Old 04-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #22688
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm havin' a blast. It's sunny, clear, about 70F and not humid for a change so I'm moving the outside plants from their winter stay in the den back outside.

They're going to love life. Phil, Lily, Ruby, Fred, everyone. Okay, you can laugh. I name my plants. Always have and talk/praise them. Don't know nor care if it does any good. I just do it.

Phil grew like a wild man this winter and has several tendrils at least 6 feet long. Fred has tons of new leaves and Ruby shot up like a rocket. Lily is still demure but filling out.

There are others too many to mention so I will be at this most of the afternoon but I can't think of a better way to spend a beautiful day.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #22689
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Finished the taxes, filed them online, now I'm cleaning the fridge since it's about as empty as it gets. Where did all this sticky gunk come from?
Someone spilled something and didn't wipe it up or tell you about it.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #22690
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Someone spilled something and didn't wipe it up or tell you about it.

That's a distinct possibility.