"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-12-2015, 06:40 AM   #22711
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Best of luck, PF! You're doing the right thing. Staying in an unhappy situation would just be abusing yourself. Go, girl, go!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #22712
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
Good luck, PF!

I shudder at the idea of moving again. I got moved all over the planet for nearly 26 years in the Army! Bleah!

Our move into this home is definitely the last. No steps, flat yards, small house that is easy on maintenance and just purrfect.

Wyoming is a beautiful state! I'm sorry you have issues at your current job. Some managers can make life absolutely miserable for employees. I've helped to get rid of some of those dingbats both in the military and in civilian life.

Keep us posted!

I'm planning our veggie garden. They're all in starter pots in the garage and soon they'll be planted outside! Yay spring!

Hubby had his scan last Tuesday and he's still all clear. This is a miracle! Very few people survive pancreatic cancer. He lost a lot of weight during his illness and it's so much fun to be able to cook anything and everything with no dietary restrictions. He's gaining weight, exercising and he's been back to work for a while now. He's back to normal and this is just wonderful!

Funny how the simplest things seem like miracles now. We're all so grateful.

I hope all of you are well and happy.
Thanks CCL. Yes, you would think that someone would ask why an employee, with 15 years on board, would all of the sudden have problems with behavior and getting work done when a new manager shows up. It's probably not the employee, it's the manager. I'm still doing them same thing I have been doing for the last 15 years.

Very glad to hear your DH's good news, pancreatic is a tough one to beat. Hugs and Best Wishes for both of you!

Old 04-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #22713
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Best of luck, PF! You're doing the right thing. Staying in an unhappy situation would just be abusing yourself. Go, girl, go!
Thanks Z. I know, while I have problems with certain people in supervisory positions, I still have a loyalty to my patients that is hard to set aside. I need to remember I have to be loyal to myself before I can be effective in caring for others.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #22714
Chef Extraordinaire

Relaxing at home with Dh & the daughter. My friend was released from the hospital. Thank you all for the prayers & good wishes!
Old 04-12-2015, 05:06 PM   #22715
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks Z. I know, while I have problems with certain people in supervisory positions, I still have a loyalty to my patients that is hard to set aside. I need to remember I have to be loyal to myself before I can be effective in caring for others.
I know from experience that sticking to a bad situation can cause burnout. It never occurred to me that I had worked myself out of a job. Don't let that happen to you.

I know you know what you're doing. Find that place that needs your experience and expertise. You'll be doing them and yourself a favor.

With your experience you should be the new supervsior somewhere. There is a place that's just waiting for someone like you to step in.

I'm sure you will be snapped up quickly.

XOXOX{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}XOXOXOXOXO

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:08 AM   #22716
Certified Pretend Chef

Feeling uncharacteristically energetic this morning, I grabbed my 20-quart stock pot and went rummaging around in my two freezers. Found enough skeletal chicken parts to fill the pot. I added some mire poix, garlic, peppercorns and now I'm waiting for it to come to a boil. By the end of the day I'll have a gallon or so of great stock.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #22717
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Feeling uncharacteristically energetic this morning, I grabbed my 20-quart stock pot and went rummaging around in my two freezers. Found enough skeletal chicken parts to fill the pot. I added some mire poix, garlic, peppercorns and now I'm waiting for it to come to a boil. By the end of the day I'll have a gallon or so of great stock.
I'm not feeling that energetic. I'm making a much smaller quantity of chicken stock.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:00 PM   #22718
Master Chef

I was excited when I woke up (some days, that is exciting all on its own... ) and saw how sunny and warm (70s!) it was. I planned on washing down the front porch on the house so I could start prettying it up for summer. Get a couple of screens in and all. Then...the sneezing started. I haven't had to take OTC allergy meds for nearly 30 years. I may have to start searching around for something this year. I'm afraid it's going to be a bad one.

Not all is lost. I'll probably do some fridge and freezer rummaging of my own. Either that, or clean out my collection of teas. That would require me to sit and sip each and every blend.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #22719
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I got some kind of bug that I've been battling since Saturday. Tried to work today but wasn't successful, woke up OK but within 30 felt like crap again. Right now I'm playing the game "fart or poo" so far luckily I'm winning. Need to get this over with, I have things to do!

Why couldn't this have happened next week after my new mattress was delivered?

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #22720
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
For hubby. And one for you.

I can feel your relief as I have been there twice. My daughter's last MRI was clean. Oddly enough both my daughter and her husband. They have so many new drugs today for cancer. If you remember my daughter was not in the 5% of those the type of survive brain cancer that she was afflicted. But a bunch of new drugs came out at the just the right time and she has beat the odds. At least for now. She will have to go for MRIs for the rest of her life. Right now it is every three months. Next year it will be every six months, then every nine months for the rest of her life. I think my favorite word for the rest of my life will be "remission."
Very glad to hear about your daughter Addie and your husband Crazy Cat Lady.