"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-13-2015, 10:35 PM   #22731
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
CCL, that is great news about your hubby's scan! So happy for you both that you were blessed with this gift of more life. Enjoy every moment, and have fun cooking.

So you've....you've "OFFED" people?!?
Mercy, no! I've given them all the chances I could to try to teach them and help them. When they were still horrible and nasty to people, I draw the line there. I have helped them get fired because I documented everything they did which was bad and got statements from those who were the victims.

I had statements and proof as to why certain people should not be in management positions.

And we are having a ball cooking and just being together! Working on our yard and planning the veggie garden again and watching movies...even cleaning our house is fun now! Yesterday DH whacked me in the rear with the Swiffer because I was polishing the piano and I was in his way.

LOL! It's amazing how happy life is in this house with two people, eight cats, one dog...and love, love, love.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #22732
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I got some kind of bug that I've been battling since Saturday. Tried to work today but wasn't successful, woke up OK but within 30 felt like crap again. Right now I'm playing the game "fart or poo" so far luckily I'm winning. Need to get this over with, I have things to do!

Why couldn't this have happened next week after my new mattress was delivered?

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
Sometimes we don't get a choice. We got tummy flu three days before our new toilets arrived.

Bleah! Hope you're better!

Old 04-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #22733
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Mom asked when she should have dinner done...I had to tell her not to wait up.

11 hours of driving a large truck and towing the car with Shrek and two cats, I'm not looking forward to it. Might have my Brother fly up and help me do the driving. Shrek no longer drives.
Oh dear. You might need help with the driving...I know I would. Bless you!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #22734
Chef Extraordinaire

Well I am sitting here on the back porch and I have a problem. I hope someone here can be of help.

I have Skype and I use it strictly for the purpose of being able to see my grandson and talk to him. I just don't see enough of him.

All of a sudden I am getting requests from totally strange men who are looking for companionship or a wife. It seems my name is on some list and I can be contacted through Skype. I am not looking for a companion, husband or even new friends. How the heck did I suddenly appear on this list and how do I put a stop to these attempts to talk to me. I usually block them when my Skype shows someone is trying to contact me.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #22735
Chef Extraordinaire

Trying to find a local source for boreal mushrooms...
Old 04-14-2015, 11:08 AM   #22736
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Trying to find a local source for boreal mushrooms...
Isn't a boreal mushroom just a mushroom that grows on a rotting tree trunk or forest floor, usually wild.

https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/forests/boreal/13077
Old 04-14-2015, 11:08 AM   #22737
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well I am sitting here on the back porch and I have a problem. I hope someone here can be of help.

I have Skype and I use it strictly for the purpose of being able to see my grandson and talk to him. I just don't see enough of him.

All of a sudden I am getting requests from totally strange men who are looking for companionship or a wife. It seems my name is on some list and I can be contacted through Skype. I am not looking for a companion, husband or even new friends. How the heck did I suddenly appear on this list and how do I put a stop to these attempts to talk to me. I usually block them when my Skype shows someone is trying to contact me.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.
There might be something in the settings about being contacted by others, I seem to remember seeing that when I used Skype last year.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #22738
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
There might be something in the settings about being contacted by others, I seem to remember seeing that when I used Skype last year.

My son is going to look at it for me. He is the one who had Skype installed for me.

I just got off the phone talking to my youngest son. We had a long talk about suicide. He is counseling EMS workers who have considered it due to seeing death in their patients everyday. You can not save them all. Specially the elderly.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #22739
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:

That's what I was going to suggest.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:20 PM   #22740
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Feeling uncharacteristically energetic this morning, I grabbed my 20-quart stock pot and went rummaging around in my two freezers. Found enough skeletal chicken parts to fill the pot. I added some mire poix, garlic, peppercorns and now I'm waiting for it to come to a boil. By the end of the day I'll have a gallon or so of great stock.
DONE! I just packaged gelatinized chicken stock into 6 quart-sized ziplocks and popped them into the freezer. Pots are washed and dried and the fridge has been returned to is normal state of disarray.

I wanted to get it done before the warm weather arrived. I was about a week late.