"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-16-2015, 03:55 PM   #22761
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It's a Roger Miller song "Whistle Stop" sped up into the Hamster Dance. The song comes from Disney's "Robin Hood".

I did not know that! I used to show the "original" hamster dance video to the high school kids I worked with, we were all laughing our heads off!

Old 04-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #22762
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks all! Just got off the phone with Mom (1 hour, 39 minutes) and she offered to bus Dad up to help me with packing, loading and driving. Dad agreed that he would like to do it and Mom gets to sit home with the dog and cats...relaxing. Now we just have to wait for my phone interview and the DON of that facility sounded like she was VERY interested.
PF, can you get a letter of recommendation from your present place of employment? Or is that not a good idea?

Old 04-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #22763
Master Chef

Quote:
Thanks all! Just got off the phone with Mom (1 hour, 39 minutes) and she offered to bus Dad up to help me with packing, loading and driving. Dad agreed that he would like to do it and Mom gets to sit home with the dog and cats...relaxing. Now we just have to wait for my phone interview and the DON of that facility sounded like she was VERY interested.
Great news, good luck!

Tell Shrek not to Dilly Dally on the way!!!

Old 04-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #22764
Senior Cook

I'm at work and likely to be here till 5 a.m ish.

Sparks at the airport and our local electricity board are doing some essential maintenance to our high power transformers and one of us guys has to be on hand in case of problems with our equipment.

Not as bad as it sounds as I get a sleep day tomorrow, a day in lieu on Saturday, I have taken holiday anyway on Sunday for a fishing competition and my rostered days off next week are Monday and Tuesday.

My 'wee bairns';

Old 04-16-2015, 08:08 PM   #22765
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PF, can you get a letter of recommendation from your present place of employment? Or is that not a good idea?
The two or three people that I am getting away from are the ones who write recommendation letters. If this was a matter of a co-worker who was driving me nuts, no problem, but it's the change in management that I cannot tolerate. My immediate supervisor is the biggest liar you ever heard, he's the one that started all this and the next two (DON and Administrator) are following his lead.

Shrek is so very excited and already has me half packed...

I did go and buy some packing boxes and the bubble wrap for my good dishes. I'm just about positive half the boxes we pack will be filled with books.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #22766
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Doing a Happy Hamster Dance...got an interview call back for job in the town close to Mom and Dad.

I'm keepin' everything crossed for you!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #22767
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thank you...my stress level has started to go down, I know by tomorrow when it's time to come home I will be on the ceiling again.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:15 PM   #22768
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
The two or three people that I am getting away from are the ones who write recommendation letters. If this was a matter of a co-worker who was driving me nuts, no problem, but it's the change in management that I cannot tolerate. My immediate supervisor is the biggest liar you ever heard, he's the one that started all this and the next two (DON and Administrator) are following his lead.

I did go and buy some packing boxes and the bubble wrap for my good dishes. I'm just about positive half the boxes we pack will be filled with books.
I read that as naked. I need a vacation or to the home I go.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:29 PM   #22769
Master Chef

Quote:
Doing a Happy Hamster Dance...got an interview call back for job in the town close to Mom and Dad...
Oh! Oh! I hope this is leading up to good news, because until you have a firm offer and have tendered your resignation to the Evil Trio I'm afraid of jinxing you. I hope you do get to quit on them, and make sure you close your letter with "Kiss My *".

Until then, crossing body parts and sending up prayers.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #22770
Master Chef

Quote:

I think that the new people who want you on their team are aware that longevity trumps new management . 15 years speaks for itself...I'm excited for you, Princess...nothing better than being near your folks in this time of life, and the fact that Shrek wants to go too, and all your ducks are in a row....well, everything just has to work out. Big hugs and best of wishes for an easy move.