"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #22791
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have a job waiting for me in Torrington, Wyoming as soon as I can get there!!!!!!!

I will be putting my notice in tomorrow.
Great news!

Old 04-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #22792
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I am up in Northern Minnesota helping out my sister who had a right knee replacement surgery done. Her DH & I just got her back home today. Some major challenges lye ahead in the next few days.
So how are hubby and darling daughter doing without you while you are helping your sister?

Old 04-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #22793
Chef Extraordinaire

PF, are you and Shrek going to be close to family? That would definitely be the whipped cream to top it all off. I just love good news when it is for others. I have a bunch of questions. Like is there much more packing to do?

A trick I learned when moving. If you find yourself using boxes from your local stores, cut handle openings in the side far enough down so they don't split upward. It make picking up the boxes so much easier.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #22794
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PF, are you and Shrek going to be close to family? That would definitely be the whipped cream to top it all off. I just love good news when it is for others. I have a bunch of questions. Like is there much more packing to do?

A trick I learned when moving. If you find yourself using boxes from your local stores, cut handle openings in the side far enough down so they don't split upward. It make picking up the boxes so much easier.
How much stuff can an ogre and ogress have?
Old 04-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #22795
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Any of these multitudes of cookbooks in there somewhere? I love the teapot!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:03 PM   #22796
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:

A two bedroom apartment full that we've lived in for 15 years and a storage place you could park a car in. That much stuff. I do have a hand truck to help move things.

Mom and Dad live up the road, 20 minutes from the town got the job in. Shrek's brothers are two hours away in Laramie.

My best friend since 2nd grade and my two Godsons will be 26 miles away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I wish the pile was that big...just the books will be a huge part of the move. Shrek and I both have pack rat genes, too...nasty combination.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #22797
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have a job waiting for me in Torrington, Wyoming as soon as I can get there!!!!!!!

I will be putting my notice in tomorrow.
That's great news. Congrats.

Safe trip to Wyoming.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #22798
Chef Extraordinaire

Pack rats. Oh dear. one is bad enough. But two of you? Oh dear. You have your work cut out for you. I am glad your father is coming to help. And that hand cart is going to be very handy indeed. Now the next problem, is do you have a place to move into? Or are you going to stay with Mom and Dad until you find something? Moving is such a hassle.

I know my last move I had to downsize again! I had downsized when I moved to my daughter's house. And then even more when I moved here.

Sounds like you are going to need a mansion this time. Good luck with the packing and moving. God Speed.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #22799
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
That's great news. Congrats.

Safe trip to Wyoming.
Thanks Andy...most likely we will run into snow

Quote:
Pack rats. Oh dear. one is bad enough. But two of you? Oh dear. You have your work cut out for you. I am glad your father is coming to help. And that hand cart is going to be very handy indeed. Now the next problem, is do you have a place to move into? Or are you going to stay with Mom and Dad until you find something? Moving is such a hassle.

I know my last move I had to downsize again! I had downsized when I moved to my daughter's house. And then even more when I moved here.

Sounds like you are going to need a mansion this time. Good luck with the packing and moving. God Speed.
The best thing about moving to where I am is my family, on Mom's side, is from there and Mom knows everyone. She's getting me a place to live as we speak, she knows I will pay her back for any money she has to lay out to get us a place. If not, the shed in her backyard is vacant.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #22800
Master Chef

Princess, that is such wonderful news for you and Shrek, and your family, too! I'm excited for you...it will be so great to be near family again. Best wishes on your move and your new job!