"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-02-2015, 05:36 PM   #22971
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,286
Wow, that's terrific, PF! You're getting packed, your Dad will be there soon, you've got a new home to land in! I'm so happy it's working out so well so quickly.

The selling agent's name cracked me up - the Cleveland Indians used to have a player by the name of Shelley Duncan.

When you get to your new digs, see if you can make out the name that is hidden under that coat of paint. Miss Nosy here can't quite make it out from the photo.
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #22972
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Looks like is says "something ADULT something" doesn't it? I'll at least spray that out quickly.

Just what I need, to live in an old adult novelty shop and bookstore...
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #22973
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm getting that house, Dad says it's perfect!!!! I should be able to move right in as soon as we get there. AND the washer and dryer come with the property. Mom said she walked in and decided it was perfect for her Ogres.
I am ready to cry. Everything is just falling into place for you. PF if anyone deserves this happiness, it is you and your Shrek. for you and for Shrek. And these two angles will always be looking down on the both of you.

Does Mom have a clothesline? You could always bring your wet clothes there during the summer months. A good excuse to visit and sit and talk over a cup of coffee or two.

Let's see!

Perfect job!
A ready to move in home!
Right near Mom and Dad!
Washer and dryer!
Right in the downtown area!
Shopping only feet away!
No yard work to speak of!
A place to sit outside!

And they said you can never go back home. Hogwash!

I wish there were a way we could all be there for a housewarming party. And how is Shriek talking all this good news?
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #22974
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm getting that house, Dad says it's perfect!!!! I should be able to move right in as soon as we get there. AND the washer and dryer come with the property. Mom said she walked in and decided it was perfect for her Ogres.
I'm excited for you both, congratulations!
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #22975
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Any shopping is in the town I will be working in, Torrington, not much shopping in Lingle. I have space for a clothesline. Mom and I will be terrors on our bicycles around town on days I am home. I am working night shift, so my days will be screwy. Mom says there is a little garden out back.

Shrek is doing fine with it, he is Mr. "But what if...?" and "You don't know..."
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #22976
Head Chef
 
tinlizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,003
Fantastic news, Princess! Hooray!
__________________
No matter how simple it seems, it's complicated.
tinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 PM   #22977
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,326
Great news!!
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:28 PM   #22978
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Any shopping is in the town I will be working in, Torrington, not much shopping in Lingle. I have space for a clothesline. Mom and I will be terrors on our bicycles around town on days I am home. I am working night shift, so my days will be screwy. Mom says there is a little garden out back.

Shrek is doing fine with it, he is Mr. "But what if...?" and "You don't know..."
PF, when I had a Girl Scout troop, I would tell them about a planned trip. To the circus, ice skating, etc. And then I got the "But what if the bus is late? But what if I have to go shopping with my mother? But what if, But what if! I finally learned to end my announcements with "And I don't want to hear one "But what ifs!!!" Even that didn't work. But patience does.

Oh how I wished I could get back on a bicycle. Winthrop says no due to a balance problem. Middle ear and all that crap. Unfortunately, they are right.

BTW, what are the chances of you and Shrek bike riding together?
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #22979
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PF, when I had a Girl Scout troop, I would tell them about a planned trip. To the circus, ice skating, etc. And then I got the "But what if the bus is late? But what if I have to go shopping with my mother? But what if, But what if! I finally learned to end my announcements with "And I don't want to hear one "But what ifs!!!" Even that didn't work. But patience does.

Oh how I wished I could get back on a bicycle. Winthrop says no due to a balance problem. Middle ear and all that crap. Unfortunately, they are right.

BTW, what are the chances of you and Shrek bike riding together?
Shrek can no longer ride a bike.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #22980
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shrek can no longer ride a bike.
That's too bad. It would be a perfect activity for some very personal time together.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.