"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #23071
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...Can you still take advantage of Cobra coverage until your new insurance kicks in? Or does that kick in immediately on the first day of employment?...
Addie, PF explained earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
...and I am covered until the 31st for insurance purposes. I start my new job the 28th and will be covered then...
There won't be any lapse in coverage. All I can say to that is "Very nice, PF!

Old 05-09-2015, 04:54 AM   #23072
Chef Extraordinaire

I have a little tower with shelves in the bathroom. I keep my folded towels and face clothes in it. The face clothes were out of control to the point of becoming a sci fi nightmare. I don't know where I got about 20+ face clothes. I live alone. Where the heck did they all come from? So I whittled them down to six very thick plush ones. Some of the rest went into the cleaning rag bag. That meant that I could reduce the height of the needed space of the shelf. More room for the thick plush extra large bath towels my daughter gave me one year. I got a pleasant surprise. When I first got the towels, they didn't quite fit around me. I tried one today, and it not only fits, there is plenty of towel to close any possible gaps.

So some towels went into the cleaning rag bag also. I did have to save Teddy's towel though. I have to wrap him up in it when there is a thunderstorm. I wrap him tightly and hold him real close. It does help reduce his shaking.

I now have six very large bath towels, and two smaller ones to wrap my hair in when I get out of the shower. I also found a 'finger tip' towel. It is pretty. So I hang it on the small rack next to the sink. But I also keep a roll of paper towels on the sink counter for wiping hands. Don't use the finger tip towel!

Next I tossed out the stupid tub chair that ESP gave me when I first moved in. I told them I didn't want it or need it. And it was too big for a tub. They insisted I take it. That went into the trash also. It was great for collecting "stuff". A nuisance to keep cleaned off.

I still have room in the tower. Along with more floor space with the chair gone. Why did it take me so long to tackle that problem?

Old 05-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #23073
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm tidying up a bit this a.m. The lads are coming out this afternoon to make dog biscuits.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #23074
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Have a memorial for a patient this afternoon and then I will be going out to the facility tonight to say goodbye to night shift co-workers
Old 05-09-2015, 11:54 AM   #23075
Certified Pretend Chef

Trying to decide whether I should make a batch of bagels or try another yellow cake recipe today.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #23076
Honey Badger

I'm supposed to be getting organized and packed up to go.
Good day to do it. The guys will be leaving to go get my sons truck.
Yeah, it's been fixed early. (Stuck valve during shipping)

Just lacking the energy or enthusiasm to get anything done today.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #23077
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Waiting for try number three of delivery from the pharmacy. First try, they forgot my Robaxin. Second try they sent Robax Platinum which has ibuprofen. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen don't work on me, so I want the one with no pain reliever. I want to be able to take something else if it still hurts. At least I didn't wait until I was completely out.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:42 PM   #23078
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I got all my cookbooks packed...5 - 12"x12"x18" boxes. Shrek is busy getting his guitars ready for travel.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #23079
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I love all of the molding in this house, until I have to wipe it all down
Seems like there is miles of it! I get down on my hands and knees and think "dang, when was the last time I did this?"

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #23080
Master Chef

bakechef, put an old dusting sock on your foot and wipe the baseboards down while standing! I suppose if you have a chair on wheels you could roll along and do it too. A busy mom of two told me this hint before we had kids. I have to admit I have done it this way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I'm supposed to be getting organized and packed up to go...
I think this thread needs to be renamed "What SHOULD you be doing?". I should be getting the last of the screens in the windows. That also involves washing down the frame inside the track, and the window in-and-out. I'll be happy if I get half a dozen in. 17 windows are nice...until you start to wash them. And I wasn't even counting the sun room ones!