"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #23111
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

I think I'm going to go rob more of my neighbor's rhubarb. Since his wife left him, he doesn't do anything with it anyway. He appreciates the jam.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #23112
Chef Extraordinaire

That's nice of you, Dawg. I miss rhubarb. My dad grew it in our backyard growing up and we'd eat it raw It doesn't do well here.

Wait a minute! Maybe it would be a good fall crop here! I'll have to try it this fall

Old 05-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #23113
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Never has bothered me, even when I lived where it snowed.

I'm getting a clothes line put up, a dryer rack in the basement and hoping for the best. I will still hate laundry, not sure that personality trait can be erased.
I have had the following Minky Homecare Tower Indoor Drying Rack - BedBathandBeyond.com rack for more than 15 years. It has served well. You wouldn't believe the amount of laundry you can hang on it. At least two full loads.

The shelves are individually removable. And it is made of coated metal.

Just thought you would like to see something like this. It folds up out of the way when not in use. And it is on wheels so you can put it near the furnace in the basement.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:30 PM   #23114
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
That's a cool drying rack Addie. I should get myself something like that. I have a drying rack, but it's not that good.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:56 PM   #23115
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks Addie, I'll be sure to pick it up before we leave. Nearest BB&B is an hour and a half away from the new house.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #23116
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks Addie, I'll be sure to pick it up before we leave. Nearest BB&B is an hour and a half away from the new house.
I love mine. It has become a "when Ma dies, I get that rack!" When I first bought mine the cost was $15.99, so it shows just how long I have had it. I think the company owes me some money. I have had more folks buy one after they see mine. My daughter even borrowed it for a party. She covered the bottom shelf with foil and used it to put a large platter of appetizers on it. She had no room anywhere else.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #23117
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
That's a cool drying rack Addie. I should get myself something like that. I have a drying rack, but it's not that good.
It is a great rack. I bought mine when I had two kids still at home. And I never ran out of drying space when I would do a load. Now I live alone and I never fill it up with just my stuff and the house.

I love mine. Take the house, kids, husband, and even the family dog. Don't take my drying rack.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:42 PM   #23118
Master Chef

I just use a rolling garment rack similar to this, but without the top shelf: Buy Portable & Adjustable Garment Rack from Bed Bath & Beyond I have two of them, one in the basement for when I take clothes from the washer or dryer, the other upstairs so I can dry shirts quicker. I air-dry almost all of our clothes, except for underwear, towels, and sheets. I fluff shirts and dress pants in the dryer on air for about 10-15 minutes, then take the stuff out and put each item on a hanger - the plastic ones with swivel hooks and rounded shoulders. Once the shirts are dry, I can pop them right into the closet. Pants/jeans get clipped onto skirt hangers.

My SIL used to do ironing to pick up extra money. She has one of the commercial grade, two-rail types that is built like a tank.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:51 PM   #23119
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm trying to decide if I want to eat some chocolate ice cream. Well, I want it, but it's 13C (55F) and I'm cold.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:33 AM   #23120
Master Chef

Did you get your ice cream, taxy? I'd go ahead and have some, put on a sweater, and have a glass of red wine to warm up, if I were you.

« Midnite Oil Cafe | - »