"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #23141
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
So, when is moving day? How long is the drive? This is getting exciting.
Friday after loading the truck. It will be a 12-14 hour drive depending on the weather. Supposed to have 14 mph wind and rain, maybe even snow.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #23142
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Friday after loading the truck. It will be a 12-14 hour drive depending on the weather. Supposed to have 14 mph wind and rain, maybe even snow.

PF, I just looked at a map to see that Lingle is in the southeast corner of the state. You have to cross most of Wyoming, and Nebraska is your next door neighbor.

Old 05-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #23143
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Dad coming by bus on Thursday. Will take Shrek out to Five Guys in the next couple of days.

Off to deliver more boxes to the storage unit.
Good for you. And don't rush when you are at Five Guys. You both need a break and some enjoyment for just the two of you.

I assume the storage unit is for the boxes to be loaded into the truck. And not for permanent storage in Montana. Having all the boxes in one place will make the job go so much easier.

When I was packing to move from Tacoma back to Boston, the maintenance man had a hand cart. And one came with the U Haul. So while Spike was unloading one hand cart, I was filling up the second one. Made the work go so much faster. We were all packed in less than two hours. Then we hit the road.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #23144
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Google image: Attachment 22876
Are those long blue things the bugs? BIG YUK!!!
Old 05-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #23145
Master Chef

Quote:
I really hope the three of you stop overnight somewhere PF!! For you and your Dad to keep driving straight through could be a really terrible mistake. With your Dad just going through that long bus ride, he's bound to already be road weary.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #23146
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
PF, I just looked at a map to see that Lingle is in the southeast corner of the state. You have to cross most of Wyoming, and Nebraska is your next door neighbor.
Yep, if the wind is right I can spit into Nebraska from my workplace.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:05 PM   #23147
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Good for you. And don't rush when you are at Five Guys. You both need a break and some enjoyment for just the two of you.

I assume the storage unit is for the boxes to be loaded into the truck. And not for permanent storage in Montana. Having all the boxes in one place will make the job go so much easier.

When I was packing to move from Tacoma back to Boston, the maintenance man had a hand cart. And one came with the U Haul. So while Spike was unloading one hand cart, I was filling up the second one. Made the work go so much faster. We were all packed in less than two hours. Then we hit the road.
It's the storage unit we've always had, for the Thule Cargo Box, and things we are not using. Now it is almost full of packed boxes, so we are not living in stacks of boxes. Also, so it will be easier to the truck from the storage unit, instead of hauling everything up the steps the day we load up. We have two hand trucks and a furniture dolly, there is an appliance dolly that comes with the truck.

Taking it easy today, not in such a rush, tomorrow...back to the grind.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #23148
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I really hope the three of you stop overnight somewhere PF!! For you and your Dad to keep driving straight through could be a really terrible mistake. With your Dad just going through that long bus ride, he's bound to already be road weary.
No worries, we have 4 days rental with the truck, if we need to stop, we will. Plus we are picking Dad up,the day before and he gets a rest before we start loading. I might even feed him breakfast.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #23149
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
No worries, we have 4 days rental with the truck, if we need to stop, we will. Plus we are picking Dad up,the day before and he gets a rest before we start loading. I might even feed him breakfast.
Glad to hear it. I thought you were sensible enough to stop if needed.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #23150
Master Chef

Once again, there is a difference between what I am doing and what I need to be doing. My wonky hip has me sitting because walking is...interesting. No pain, but a funny "click" with each step. Not exactly conducive to walking uphill in an unevenly graded yard.

So I play around with food in the kitchen, since just standing or walking a bit is no problem. Or I sit, and go through WAY too many time-wasting websites. And I found another good one to share. I'm still trying to decide which fits me best: 5, 11 or 15. Hope you enjoy this!

17 Problems Every Type-B Person Will Understand